2021-22 Scoring Leaders #4

2021-22 Scoring Leaders #4

• Total voters

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
MacKinnon seems like the obvious answer here, but I'm going Kane. Chicago should be a better team and Kane will be thriving if that's the case. I also considered Panarin, but since the Rags had a terrible offseason I don't think he will reach the same levels.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
MacKinnon seems like the obvious answer here, but I'm going Kane. Chicago should be a better team and Kane will be thriving if that's the case. I also considered Panarin, but since the Rags had a terrible offseason I don't think he will reach the same levels.

I'll just stick with the obvious answer.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Johnny Gaudreau doesn't get stapled to Monahan it's likely he'll finish in the top 5. 22 points in 16 games to finish the season when they were finally separated.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Okay? Did I say Panarin couldn't also be in the top 5? Heck, I voted for him here.

Because we're already at 4th, so if you have to point to a 16 game hot streak sample to put a player on the level that puts you top 5, saying it's "likely" that he finishes there is a huge stretch, when he's never scored more than 99 points, never finished higher than 6th in scoring, and has only two top 10 point finishes in 7 seasons. I know Gaudreau really jostles your jellybeans, but c'mon.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mackinnon, then Panarin. I think the top 5 was pretty much set, no matter the order.

I think they're the top 5 most likely to be top 5, absolutely - but I just about guarantee they don't all make the top 5. There will inevitably be a breakout season or a resurgence (Matthews/Eichel/Kane/Crosby/Malkin, etc) or injuries.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I think they're the top 5 most likely to be top 5, absolutely - but I just about guarantee they don't all make the top 5. There will inevitably be a breakout season or a resurgence (Matthews/Eichel/Kane/Crosby/Malkin, etc) or injuries.

Is it really a resurgence when one of the players you mentioned was inside the top 5 and two others inside the top 10? The last two were injured.

Otherwise I agree though.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Because we're already at 4th, so if you have to point to a 16 game hot streak sample to put a player on the level that puts you top 5, saying it's "likely" that he finishes there is a huge stretch, when he's never scored more than 99 points, never finished higher than 6th in scoring, and has only two top 10 point finishes in 7 seasons. I know Gaudreau really jostles your jellybeans, but c'mon.
Yeah and he's done all of that with one of the worst "1C"s the league.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Points per game leaders over the last two years.

McDavid - 1.68
Draisaitl - 1.53
Panarin - 1.38
Mackinnon - 1.35
Marchand - 1.27
Kucherov - 1.25

One of these days Panarin will stop getting shorted.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

McDavid - 1.68
Draisaitl - 1.53
Panarin - 1.38
Mackinnon - 1.35
Marchand - 1.27
Kucherov - 1.25

Panarin also plays with the worst linemates by far here at even strength yet last season led the league in even strength points by a significant margin

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Panarin also plays with the worst linemates by far here at even strength yet last season led the league in even strength points by a significant margin
What are you talking about?
McDavid had 68 5v5 points to Panarins 40.

Edit: I think you meant to say the season before this last season

He had 71 5v5 points compared to Draisaitl’s 66. While he did lead the league that’s not a significant margin

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

McDavid - 1.68
Draisaitl - 1.53
Panarin - 1.38
Mackinnon - 1.35
Marchand - 1.27
Kucherov - 1.25

Based on this list really only Kucherov has been overrated, thus far in this poll. McDavid/Draisaitl are clearly ahead and Mackinnon is essentially equal to Panarin (who at worst will come in 5th place)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

McDavid - 1.68
Draisaitl - 1.53
Panarin - 1.38
Mackinnon - 1.35
Marchand - 1.27
Kucherov - 1.25

Still this is easily Mac IMO top 10 in scoring in each and every year for the last 4 years despite missing games in 2 of them.

Finishes of 5,7,5,8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Still this is easily Mac IMO top 10 in scoring in each and every year for the last 4 years despite missing games in 2 of them.

Finishes of 5,7,5,8

"Easily" over the guy who has the better scoring pace in the last two years? That doesn't make sense.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
"Easily" over the guy who has the better scoring pace in the last two years? That doesn't make sense.

Mac is more consistent and I think he is the better choice plain and simple.

Mac has 32 more points in 2 more games over the last 4 years.

NHL Stats

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Mac is more consistent and I think he is the better choice plain and simple.

Mac has 32 more points in 2 more games over the last 4 years.

NHL Stats

Yeah you have to go back years ago to when Panarin was on the Blue Jackets to make anything look "easily" against him. Panarin had more 5v5 points than Mackinnon even in those Jackets' years. Put Mackinnon on that Jackets PP and he would have had many fewer points overall.

"Plain and simple" is just showing a bunch of biases. There is no argument here where Mackinnon "easily" outscores Panarin. Panarin has slightly outpaced Mackinnon over the last two years, with significantly worse scoring quality around him. What exactly are you going to give to Mackinnon to give him a big edge here? He can't get any better of a situation than he's already had and he still hasn't matched in any season the 113 point pace that Panarin has scored at in each of the last two seasons (remarkable consistency by Panarin).

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah you have to go back years ago to when Panarin was on the Blue Jackets to make anything look "easily" against him. Panarin had more 5v5 points than Mackinnon even in those Jackets' years. Put Mackinnon on that Jackets PP and he would have had many fewer points overall.

"Plain and simple" is just showing a bunch of biases. There is no argument here where Mackinnon "easily" outscores Panarin. Panarin has slightly outpaced Mackinnon over the last two years, with significantly worse scoring quality around him. What exactly are you going to give to Mackinnon to give him a big edge here? He can't get any better of a situation than he's already had and he still hasn't matched in any season the 113 point pace that Panarin has scored at in each of the last two seasons (remarkable consistency by Panarin).

Panarin is a great talent and will be my pick in the next round but Mac is still the clear choice for me here, has the track record.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Panarin is a great talent and will be my pick in the next round but Mac is still the clear choice for me here, has the track record.

He has a track record of not matching Panarin, sure.

This is just a predictable reaction that comes from name recognition.

Panarin probably went to New York so people would stop forgetting who he was and they're still doing it. Back to back 113 pt pace seasons and he's still chopped liver.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He has a track record of not matching Panarin, sure.

This is just a predictable reaction that comes from name recognition.

Panarin probably went to New York so people would stop forgetting who he was and they're still doing it. Back to back 113 pt pace seasons and he's still chopped liver.

Obviously he is chopped liver I mean I think he will score 5th in point s next year.....:sarcasm:

You think Bread is 4th best and I think Mac will finish 4th and Bread 5th...who do you have 5th BTW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad