B-Sens 2021-22 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where would you slot Crouse. He’s a LW one year from UFA making 2.25M this year so would likely need term and a raise.
3rd or 4th line LW depending on where Formenton plays. It's expensive, but with all the guys leaving they will have enough money & if they need to dump him in a few yrs to pay other core players than he would be easy to trade.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul - Gaudette
Crouse - Kastelic - Watson/Sokolov

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
3rd or 4th line LW depending on where Formenton plays. It's expensive, but with all the guys leaving they will have enough money & if they need to dump him in a few yrs to pay other core players than he would be easy to trade.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul - Gaudette
Crouse - Kastelic - Watson/Sokolov
Not really loving that at all.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Stu is a centre and moving to the wing is a self inflicted gunshot wound IMO. Gaudette is fairly useless, he’s basically Galchenyuk. I don’t see the cap space for Paul, Crouse in the same bottom 6 especially when Paul is a bad centre and is in Pinto’s spot.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stu is a centre and moving to the wing is a self inflicted gunshot wound IMO. Gaudette is fairly useless, he’s basically Galchenyuk. I don’t see the cap space for Paul, Crouse in the same bottom 6 especially when Paul is a bad centre and is in Pinto’s spot.
hahaha ... good one ... Gaudette is around because he is a right shot & they need a couple more, but my guess is that Boucher eventually ends up with Stutzle & Pinto. That will push C. Brown down to the 3rd line, but in the meantime he is still one of the best 6 players on this team as is Pinto who IMO is more than a 3rd line player & will prove it again when he gets back.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
hahaha ... good one ... Gaudette is around because he is a right shot & they need a couple more, but my guess is that Boucher eventually ends up with Stutzle & Pinto. That will push C. Brown down to the 3rd line, but in the meantime he is still one of the best 6 players on this team as is Pinto who IMO is more than a 3rd line player & will prove it again when he gets back.
You can't think of it like a traditional 3rd line though so Pinto and whoever will have more ice time than typical 3rd lines.

Plus, it seems obvious you don't want Stu at C (although I can't understand why - his game took off when moved and it's incredibly hard to find truly dynamic C) but then you create a hole in the C spot and despite showing him there the team has repeatedly stated that Paul is not a guy they want down the middle.

Having Stu, Norris and Pinto as our top 3 pivots is a huge reason we will be competing for a playoff spot next year.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Look at his height. He was huge on Byfield over Stutzle and felt like it never changed since then.

Stutzle at C is exactly what we been hoping for, and what every contender needs.
You always go back to that, look at Crosby's height & McDavid's height it has nothing to do with it. I'm of the opinion he could be as dynamic on LW as he is at centre, I don't think him playing centre made him better I think being in the NHL & getting NHL coaching has made him better along with a huge jump in confidence. If he stays at centre fine, but IMO it's not what could be best for the team. The problem IMO is if you move Pinto to the 3rd line it diminishes the kind of player he could be by playing him with inferior players. If you place better players with Pinto it takes away from Stutzle. If you play them together you end up which a much better line.

Kucherov isn't a centre & has done great on the wing so has Patrick Kane & countless others, we can all look at other exmples. The bottom line for me is Pinto is better than a 3rd line centre & IMO it's better for the team that he be the 2nd line centre. He's better at draws, he's better defensively & he's better at handling bigger centres. The line isn't going to disolve as a force because Stutzle goes back to the wing, it will still be a dynamic line with those two on it. It's just another perspective which you can't accept.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
274615349_370501141741720_7884444139646825601_n.jpg

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:
Belleville is missing a couple of key pieces, with Mads Sogaard out day-to-day (upper body) and Egor Sokolov out for a week or two (shoulder). Mitchell Hoelscher is still out with a knee injury, but is close to getting back on the ice with his teammates, while Jack Dougherty and Tyrell Goulbourne are both skating in Belleville, as they continue to get back up to speed following lengthy absences. Filip Gustavsson will start in goal tonight for the Senators, backed up by Kevin Mandolese.
Who to Watch:
Andrew Agozzino is one of Belleville’s hottest players of late, riding a three-game point streak into tonight’s game (two goals, five assists). The veteran forward also has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) over his last seven games played. Other Senators to watch include former Rocket forward Jake Lucchini, who is on a three-game point streak (three goals, two assists and had a hat trick on Tuesday. Fans should also keep an eye on forward Rourke Chartier, who is on a bit of a cold streak, but is sitting on 99 career American Hockey League points.
Laval doesn’t have many streaking players, though forward Rafael Harvey-Pinard does have points in back-to-back games (three goals, two assists), with two goals, one assist and four shots on goal in Laval’s last game. Rocket newcomer Sami Niku, who was picked up off waivers from Winnipeg earlier this season, Has five points (one goal, four assists) since joining Laval.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Now Sokolov out with a shoulder injury, joining Sanderson, White, Norris and Pinto out for an injury at the same spot. Where can we buy some spare shoulders?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Poor performance by the B-Sens last night. Gus have regress this year. Hope a better show up this afternoon. The game again at RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad