2021-22 Around the League Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
PEB is signed to two years, Helm is signed to one. I don’t think they believed Helm was an upgrade to Bellemare at all except on the PK.
The problem with that theory is that Bellemare is one of the top 15-20 PKers in the entire league and destroys Helm in that regard.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Rangers are such pretenders this year. Which is fine given their state of the rebuild, but they're going to be 1st round fodder - arguably the easiest matchup for any team in the East.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Rangers are such pretenders this year. Which is fine given their state of the rebuild, but they're going to be 1st round fodder - arguably the easiest matchup for any team in the East.

I’m a little surprised they seem to have taken a step back defensively under Gallant, because I thought Quinn was a horrid NHL coach. But then again they also tried to goon up their roster this offseason so I suppose it’s no surprise.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pretty cool story, it also unfortunately sheds light on why hockey just wont ever be a hugely popular sport world wide.

The barriers to entry at a young age are impossible for 99% of people in the world to overcome. The privilege we had to live in a household that was wealthy enough to play hockey at 5 years old and continue playing for decades after... Definitely take that for granted.

Unfortunately I dont really see how they can make those costs any cheaper to play at a younger age. At bare minimum you need a pair of skates, a puck and a stick. That's already far more expensive then anything you would need to play Basketball or Soccer.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Pretty cool story, it also unfortunately sheds light on why hockey just wont ever be a hugely popular sport world wide.

The barriers to entry at a young age are impossible for 99% of people in the world to overcome. The privilege we had to live in a household that was wealthy enough to play hockey at 5 years old and continue playing for decades after... Definitely take that for granted.

Unfortunately I dont really see how they can make those costs any cheaper to play at a younger age. At bare minimum you need a pair of skates, a puck and a stick. That's already far more expensive then anything you would need to play Basketball or Soccer.

It's not even equipment, you can get all those used for relatively cheap. It's the cost of registration which covers ice-time - that's the largest barrier of entry and that isn't going to change. An ice rink is simply more expensive to maintain than a field or a gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad