2021-2022 Roster Speculation Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Excited to see Samuelsson back. I'm pretty high on the kid. I see him potentially being a staple in our top-4 for a while.
I think they send him to Rochester to get some games in initially.

I wonder if we actually see Wolanian play a game for the Sabres or if they waive him when Samuelsson is back.

Samuelsson seems like a natural leader type. I think he has more upside then people gave him credit for when he was drafted.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
So, if Samuelsson returns to the lineup, whom does he replace? Butcher?

Both Hagg and Bryson have looked adequate out there, especially Bryson. He's not the biggest or quickest D, but he can sure move that puck up the ice fairly easily.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So, if Samuelsson returns to the lineup, whom does he replace? Butcher?

Both Hagg and Bryson have looked adequate out there, especially Bryson. He's not the biggest or quickest D, but he can sure move that puck up the ice fairly easily.

Yeah, Butcher seems like the most likely candidate right now to come out.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Granato already said he's not taking players out just to give someone else a chance.

He basically meant that he’s not messing with a winning lineup just to get guys games. If a Dmam has a few so-so games, Tony will surely slide Samuelsson into his spot.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You’re saying Samuelsson would never play in a million years? Are you sure about that? You’re definitely going to be proven wrong if that’s what you’re saying.
I'm saying who the f is Tony? No way Don is going to allow his brother to make lineup decisions.

With that said. Don is not going to take out a healthy defenseman to slide Samuelsson in the lineup.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Sorry, of course it’s Don.

You’re right, it will take an injury to get all star Will Butcher out of the lineup :rolleyes:
The team is vibin'

If the team keeps vibin' they won't mess with it until an injury forces their hand. If you get an old engine running clean for the first time in ages you don't start twisting carburetor screws, you appreciate it while you've got it. There will be plenty of time to tweak it soon enough.

(Don't ask what they'll do when Casey is healthy)

Reactions: Diaspora

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The team is vibin'

If the team keeps vibin' they won't mess with it until an injury forces their hand. If you get an old engine running clean for the first time in ages you don't start twisting carburetor screws, you appreciate it while you've got it. There will be plenty of time to tweak it soon enough.

(Don't ask what they'll do when Casey is healthy)

Im talking about after a losing streak. Of course he’s not messing around with pairings when the team is winning. No one would!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Im talking about after a losing streak. Of course he’s not messing around with pairings when the team is winning. No one would!
I will say KA has said he doesn't want players blocking ice time for prospects. It just seems like Granato's philosopy is a little different.

My personal opinion is that it is going to help Samuelsson's development if he gets his ice time in Rochester.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I will say KA has said he doesn't want players blocking ice time for prospects. It just seems like Granato's philosopy is a little different.

My personal opinion is that it is going to help Samuelsson's development if he gets his ice time in Rochester.

That’s a good option too, it would make the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad