2021-2022 POTENTIAL DRAFT STEALS (3rd Round or Later)

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Canucks:

Myrenberg (5th round in 2021, 140th overall) - traded to Boston for Studnicka.

Elias Pettersson (“D-Petey” a 3rd round in 2022, 80th overall)

Kudryavtsev (208th overall in 2022, 7th round)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Noah Laba might be one for the Rangers. 4th round in 2022. Made USA WJC team two years ago. Was over 1PPG and over .5GPG this year in the NCAA for Colorado College. Their leading scorer by 9 points. Has size, skating, grit, and some goal scoring. Looks like a good bottom six guy eventually.

Jaroslav Chmelar could be another. 5th round in 2021. 6’5 and a very good skater for his size. Was a key player for that surprise Czechia WJC team that made the finals two years ago. Started the season as one of the leading scorers in the NCAA the firsr month or two, then he injured his wrist, and his season went downhill from there. If he can rebound, he could be a very useful bottom six guy.

Reactions: Czechboy and NYRfan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do Sam Lipkin and Jack Devine get no respect on these boards.

Devine, a 7th round pick was just the highest scoring player on a national championship winning team. Fanbases are so Damn biased.
Because their fanbases don’t post as much in this section of the website. Thats how it is. Would be better if their fanbases contributed more.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Florida fans know of Devine.. we are begging for that contract signature... really don't want to lose him

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Niko Huuhtanen (last pick of the 7th round in 2021 by Tampa) has some potential if his skating is improved a bit. Bomb of a one T from the Stamkos/Ovechkin spot

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
He wasn’t an overager. An overager was someone born in 2003 last year, he was born in 2004.
I mean in regards to him playing in junior hockey. He’s a 20 year old playing in the CHL, isn’t he expected to dominate? He had unimpressive draft year and D1 year.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I mean in regards to him playing in junior hockey. He’s a 20 year old playing in the CHL, isn’t he expected to dominate? He had unimpressive draft year and D1 year.
It’s definitely expected he’d do good, not really “dominate” I think those expectations should be set for first rounders. I think for his draft billing he exceeded expectations, no doubt.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
His D1 wasn't unimpressive. He was actually one of the best D in the league. He was playing on the first pair for the Quebec Remparts (mem. cup champs). This year, he is even more dominant in his 19 year old season and actually developped an impressive offensive game.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Ethan Del Mastro, 4th round pick was outstanding in the AHL this year and has a good shot at making the Hawks next year.

Reactions: Nevins

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
His D1 wasn't unimpressive. He was actually one of the best D in the league. He was playing on the first pair for the Quebec Remparts (mem. cup champs). This year, he is even more dominant in his 19 year old season and actually developped an impressive offensive game.
I'm just saying it's unimpressive when looking at defenseman in their 19 y/o season in the QMJHL and how they have performed in the NHL. I agree with him outplaying his draft position, but he's not 1st round worthy. There are a couple examples of defenseman at the same age who had a better point per game than him in the Q and never played a single NHL game. It is such a weak league when it comes to drafting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad