Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I would trade Lysell before I trade Lohrei. Reason being, they already have a 1st line RW, but we don’t have another Lohrei on the team or in the system.

He reminds me of a left-handed Dougie Hamilton and he’s probably less than 14 months from joining this team.
I would trade Lysell before I trade Lohrei. Reason being, they already have a 1st line RW, but we don’t have another Lohrei on the team or in the system.

He reminds me of a left-handed Dougie Hamilton and he’s probably less than 14 months from joining this team.
Plus I think he is just a better prospect

Reactions: PlayMakers

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Colin Miller would be a very nice 3rd pair D but it doesn't address the need for a legit top 4 LD with some size and grit. Chychrun isn't overly physical but is the top 4 D they need so they should do everything they can to add him. I'd love MacEwen.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Colin Miller would be a very nice 3rd pair D but it doesn't address the need for a legit top 4 LD with some size and grit. Chychrun isn't overly physical but is the top 4 D they need so they should do everything they can to add him. I'd love MacEwen.

I'm all for MacEwen. Even if he's not one of the 12 regulars all the time, he would give this team a nasty/physical option on the 4th line who will do everything we want. He's like what I picture Blidh being except with fighting capabilities. A few combinations I could see with him in the lineup.

Blidh -- Nosek -- MacEwen
Nosek -- Lazar -- MacEwen

No idea what you'd do when Foligno/Frederic return. But their statuses are up in the air right now so cross that bridge when it comes?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
They're more like 7 points out if you factor in win percent and games in hand. (i.e. Calgary has 5 games in hand and a .600 win pct so you can reasonably expect them to take 6 of those 10 points.)

The odds makers give SJ a 23% chance of making the playoffs.
As of today, it's closer to 13%.

Reactions: PlayMakers

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I've been really in and out, mostly out, on this thread recently. But I wanted to get some thoughts on a few guys from everyone (sorry if they've already been discussed at length):

Hampus Lindholm- Ive been listening to a lloooot of hockey podcasts recently. One of them being 32 Thoughts (highly recommend).
I believe it was mentioned on there that it remains in question if Lindholm extends as he is a pending UFA. And if he doesn't, or rather there is worry with the Ducks he wont, he may be traded. Pure speculation. They weren't saying he wouldn't sign.

Mark Giordano- More ideal if a young caliber defensemen in Lindholm cannot be acquired. Maybe costs a bit less cause of expiring contract and age as well as cap hit.. Get this guy out of Seattle.

Justin Braun/Rasmus Ristolainen- Flyers are ready to explode. Both are pending UFA RHD. Ristos cap hit is higher and would probably need retention. But I love the nasty he brings to his game. Especially in a bottom pairing role for this Bruins team.

As for Braun Im not overly familiar with his game tbh, but he's a name mentioned by Jaffe on MorningBru. And I see he is curretly riding shotgun with Provorov.

Lindholm/Gio-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Reilly/Zboril/Vaak(assuming any of the three are still on the roster after moves made)-Braun/Risto

(Other notible but pipe dream cause MTL/BOS history: Ben Chiarot. The guy, as I've said before, is a Canadien who was born to be a Bruin).

A lot of much needed depth and versatility. I really do feel they need two defensemen both with skill and size.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Giroux would be a good gap fill and agree with Dom nice ripple effect. Thinking he would also pull a Hall and narrow team to the one and only team.

I like Giroux and it would be a good move for the win now mentality. The biggest issue I have is assets going to Philly for a pure rental, and it does nothing to address the looming center crisis in the next couple of years. If he is who you can get (i.e. Hertl, Miller or someone like that is not attainable or available) then great, go for it. I'd prefer not a rental that is more than likely heading back to Philly in the summer to finish out his career.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I like Giroux and it would be a good move for the win now mentality. The biggest issue I have is assets going to Philly for a pure rental, and it does nothing to address the looming center crisis in the next couple of years. If he is who you can get (i.e. Hertl, Miller or someone like that is not attainable or available) then great, go for it. I'd prefer not a rental that is more than likely heading back to Philly in the summer to finish out his career.

Hertl is the guy, if he can't be had, Pavelski, if he can't be had Giroux.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'm all for MacEwen. Even if he's not one of the 12 regulars all the time, he would give this team a nasty/physical option on the 4th line who will do everything we want. He's like what I picture Blidh being except with fighting capabilities. A few combinations I could see with him in the lineup.

Blidh -- Nosek -- MacEwen
Nosek -- Lazar -- MacEwen

No idea what you'd do when Foligno/Frederic return. But their statuses are up in the air right now so cross that bridge when it comes?

Blidh - Frederic - MacEwen could be fun.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
man i frigging hate this time of year. i want them to make a couple trades so bad, and i know that it won't happen for nearly 2 months. and you just know sweeney is gonna take it down to the wire. ugh.
Don't forget the "and screw it up" part with Sweens

Reactions: Deal Law

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
7 weeks till deadline

8th place or bust - I don’t want any higher

no rentals

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Nobody will pay Foligno 3.8 other then Donny.Leafs gave a 1st for that guy :eek2:Bruins can waive him next season and save a few bucks or simply ride it out .Disgusting contract

doubt anyone would claim him. hopefully he re-groups and comes back to add some value but isn't feeling like it

Reactions: 22Brad Park

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
man i frigging hate this time of year. i want them to make a couple trades so bad, and i know that it won't happen for nearly 2 months. and you just know sweeney is gonna take it down to the wire. ugh.
He waits so long so he can get the most out of his cap situation. Right now he has enough space to add a player with a similar cap hit to Debrusk without moving out any salary where at the deadline he could add Giroux without moving any salary out.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He waits so long so he can get the most out of his cap situation. Right now he has enough space to add a player with a similar cap hit to Debrusk without moving out any salary where at the deadline he could add Giroux without moving any salary out.
oh i understand why, it's just no fun as a fan

Reactions: Bodit9

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I keep reading this heading back to Philly to finish out his career .Where did he say that is what I want to read cause it's all a rumor . .He gets on a line with Pasta and Hall it could reinvigorate him and he could easily play another 2 or 3 yrs at pretty high level .I know I would not be going back to Philly watching a painful rebuild.

Reactions: bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
doubt anyone would claim him. hopefully he re-groups and comes back to add some value but isn't feeling like it
I have pretty good idea how it's playing out .He gets better and steps right back in .:laugh:I just hope he brings that hard to play against mentality in playoffs and hits everything that moves.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I keep reading this heading back to Philly to finish out his career .Where did he say that is what I want to read cause it's all a rumor . .He gets on a line with Pasta and Hall it could reinvigorate him and he could easily play another 2 or 3 yrs at pretty high level .I know I would not be going back to Philly watching a painful rebuild.

:dunno: That's been the story, a "flyer for life" etc. Who knows. But at the end of the day, it's a real possibility and one that has to be considered if acquiring him. And how much is left in the tank? Unless they get him for a "can't say no" price, he doesn't really solve the problem of what to do when Bergeron retires. You might kick the can down the road a season, you might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad