2021-2022 Non-Stars NHL Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Some interesting, overly dramatic music at the banner ceremony for Tampa...

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Some interesting, overly dramatic music at the banner ceremony for Tampa...

Barry Melrose must have a body double or he aged 30 years from the time they shot his commercial and when he showed up tonight for the pregame.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Weird to see the NHL on ESPN again. Makes me remember the days of Clement, Thorne, Melrose, and Buccigross. Kind of amazing that half those dudes are still there. Does Melrose still have the same terrible mullet haircut as when the Stars won in '99?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Weird to see the NHL on ESPN again. Makes me remember the days of Clement, Thorne, Melrose, and Buccigross. Kind of amazing that half those dudes are still there. Does Melrose still have the same terrible mullet haircut as when the Stars won in '99?

This will always be my favorite Thorne moment.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I do gotta say, though, ESPN+ is WAY better than the garbage products BSSW or NHL.tv had for streaming.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I do gotta say, though, ESPN+ is WAY better than the garbage products BSSW or NHL.tv had for streaming.

Normally it is, but the feed on the ESPN+ app has been absolute dogshit quality tonight. Luckily I've got ESPN through Spectrum so I just downloaded the Spectrum TV app and it's fine there.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
For me on NHL.tv the game looked fine but the intermission looked like moist ass for some reason. But it's better now. Don't care anyway f***ing can't stand Mark Messier.

His trying to tell that story about Chelios was absolutely painful and awkward. He can only get better, but man he's been the worst part of the broadcast.

I can't wait to see Bucci though. Love that's back involved on a regular basis with the NHL.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
3/4ths of that panel makes me recoil for a variety of different reasons.

Also can't wait for some Buccigross coverage, I'm surprised he never moved from ESPN to a place covering hockey, because he seemed like a big hockey guy to me, but it'll be good to see him covering it again.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Proposed summer blockbuster. Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin remake Grumpy Old Men.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

This is kind of interesting. It really reads like, "I hate the New York Rangers, I just don't want to play for THEIR AHL team." Either that or he's had a look around the league and realized he missed the boat on someone just giving him an NHL spot. Either way, makes a trade much easier to do. People on twitter already speculating at the idea of a Dellandrea for Kravtsov trade. Would love to be bailed out of Ty Dellandrea and get Kravtsov in return, IMO.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

This is kind of interesting. It really reads like, "I hate the New York Rangers, I just don't want to play for THEIR AHL team." Either that or he's had a look around the league and realized he missed the boat on someone just giving him an NHL spot. Either way, makes a trade much easier to do. People on twitter already speculating at the idea of a Dellandrea for Kravtsov trade. Would love to be bailed out of Ty Dellandrea and get Kravtsov in return, IMO.

by all reports, Management seems to love Dellandrea, doubt they're going to trade him unfortunately

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

I don’t get the dellandrea hate around here all of a sudden .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder if the Kravtsov thing has something to do with how the Rangers changed up their team aka they now employ a handful of goons and sit skill guys for reasons.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I don’t get the dellandrea hate around here all of a sudden .

Wasn't much of a fan the day he was drafted, haven't had any reason to be proven otherwise. Unfortunately, every time I've seen the guy play, he has looked bad. Granted, that would be the NHL last year and the Traverse tournament this year, but I just don't think he's very good.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Wasn't much of a fan the day he was drafted, haven't had any reason to be proven otherwise. Unfortunately, every time I've seen the guy play, he has looked bad. Granted, that would be the NHL last year and the Traverse tournament this year, but I just don't think he's very good.
He was pretty quiet at traverse this year but that’s nothing to worry about . Last year he was forced into the nhl too quick he should’ve been in Texas . . Definitely not a steal where we picked him but he’s gonna be a good bottom 9 forward .

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
After what we've seen, I'm just asking myself if he's a 3rd liner or a 4th liner, I'm not sure there's top 6 upside there. You're right in that the context wasn't great, but I was sorta shocked at how bad he looked in the games I got to watch for Traverse. I just wanted to see some sort of consistent skill flash through, but it just wasn't there. In a hypothetical one for one, I'm pretty sure Kravtstov has more upside, but rumors don't mean that the value is there to have a one for one trade, I just saw the rumors on twitter and thought that I would immediately make that trade without a second thought.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I love seeing how stoked Oshie was for Lapierre's first nhl goal, so awesome

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Cool to see Drouin scored a goal in his first game back. Hopefully his time off means he's in the headspace to have a good year. Can't stand the Canadiens and all the garbage they stand for, but I'm rooting for him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Blackhawks are still a defensive mess. Fleury alone isn't saving that team.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Colorado was a hard team to face starting night though, even without MaK.

With their captain Toews back along with Fleury and Jones I think they’ll surprise people even with a slow start to the season; an 82 game season.

They kind of feel like a recent Blues team who struggled to make the postseason but have the mix of vets and kids to impress.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad