NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread VI - RIP Clark Gillies (No Covid debates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Backstrom in Washington, Galchenyuk in Arizona added to the list

And on and on we go.....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Malcolm Subban just made a crazy save against Pittsburgh getting his glove on the puck behind his back and pulled out the puck.

Have been watching the Caps/Jets game, but saw Subban trending on Twitter. Figured it must relate to slew footing. Nope. Was his brother. Just an amazing save. Has to be the best save of the season. I've watched it at least 10 times and been amazed every time.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some games canceled. Some aren’t. Emergency call ups allowed. Then they’re not.

there is no level playing field any more. In fairness to all teams they can’t play another game until things improve

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Why would anyone think that NHL management has any clue regarding a level playing field and consistency of application of rules

As DOPS as shown us so many times , each situation is a one- off with no set guidelines or precedent to get in the way of whatever decision they want to make an a specific case

A great sport and product run by at best a group of mom and pop operatives and likely - and worse- a true clown show operation

and yet- we still keep coming back for more

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah, but all you need is one. One player with an unknown or rare condition that complicates things and puts them in the hospital.
Then everyone turns and points their collective fingers at the NHL.

Business liability is a thing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Voluntary testing for players who believe certain family members may be higher risk?

How does that protect a 55-year-old coach or 37-year-old assistant equipment manager with asthma from asymptomatic players?

I realize this f***ing sucks, but if they're going to keep playing games they have to keep testing. It's either shut down or test every day. I don't think "play but don't test" is viable, nor, more importantly, is it moral.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Interesting that the parties he mentioned hearing that opinion from were players and management but no mention of team medical staff.

Team management is going to look at it from a business perspective. As for the players themselves pro athletes aren't exactly known as being the brightest lightbulbs

I would reply but it would just get deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad