Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1651124731331.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Jack Eichel is a :huh::huh::huh:

He played one year at BU (2014-15) and got them to the championship game which Providence won. He chose BU over the CHL as being from Massachusetts his rights belonged to the QMJHL. Nobody at BU was really upset to see him go to Buffalo as he was a diva.

He SHOULD have played some games at AHL Henderson just to get his timing back and also learn the VGK system but management decided to play him in the NHL and points were squandered and it cost them dearly.

How VGK gets ready for next season will be fascinating.

Eichel is not the problem.......problem is the owner, Bill Foley.
Foley thought he could win a Cup in 5 years

YEAR 1 - Won 13 playoff games

YEAR 2 - This happened

YEAR 3 - COVID bubble hockey

YEAR 4 - THEY LOST TO MONTREAL

YEAR 5 - Heads are about to roll.....

Vegas have had their chances. 2019 they let that series slip against the Sharks when it was there for the taking. Had they won they should have posed stiff competition for the Blues and ultimately the Bruins if it came to it. 2021 was odd or unfortunate, depending on your point of view, in that the only 2 teams you felt could seriously challenge Tampa were the Avs and Knights, and they cancelled each other out - one lost their series and the other was so exhausted by it that they were then picked off by a so-so, opportunistic Habs.

But not to be and now they're in a very difficult situation. The fallout and what happens next will be interesting.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Vegas have had their chances. 2019 they let that series slip against the Sharks when it was there for the taking. Had they won they should have posed stiff competition for the Blues and ultimately the Bruins if it came to it. 2021 was odd or unfortunate, depending on your point of view, in that the only 2 teams you felt could seriously challenge Tampa were the Avs and Knights, and they cancelled each other out - one lost their series and the other was so exhausted by it that they were then picked off by a so-so, opportunistic Habs.

But not to be and now they're in a very difficult situation. The fallout and what happens next will be interesting.

Firing Gallant for DeBoer was a :huh:

I have to figure DeBoer walks the plank and I can see Torts getting serious consideration.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
After all the overhaul the Rangers went through in the summer because they couldn't get over Tom Wilson, it looks quite likely we will see a Rangers vs Capitals in the first round. And I bet Tom Wilson will still be living rent free in the Rangers' heads.

With the history from the 2018 SCF between Wilson\Reaves I
highly doubt this. Rangers have any brains at all they send out Reaves very early in G1 after Wilson.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I like being in the metro bracket. I even wonder if Tampa wouldn't mind trading places with us. I know we had some bad games vs Carolina, but we've not faced them with this lineup. My body is ready.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
lol.

The guy who refuses to PK and gets scored on more than almost any forward is committed to defense. ok.

You've been reading too much of the homer 'analysis' at The Athletic. The guy chases the puck and cheats constantly, that's why the puck is always in his net.
Please, I`m way too cheap to pay for the Athletic and I don`t require or simply read something and then immediately base my feelings on a player/team/coach based solely on those articles. Nowhere did I say he should be considered a Selke finalist, I simply said over the years he has clearly put more of a commitment into being stronger defensively, nobody will mistake him for Doug Jarvis in his own zone.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
After all the overhaul the Rangers went through in the summer because they couldn't get over Tom Wilson, it looks quite likely we will see a Rangers vs Capitals in the first round. And I bet Tom Wilson will still be living rent free in the Rangers' heads.
Its a great matchup for sure, but the Rangers hang up last year wasn't Willson as much as the league's non-response to Wilson. Thought they handled him and the Caps pretty well afterward when they realized it was up to them, also think Washington's in trouble in this series.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Is the 1st pick from Vegas to Buffalo is lottery protected?

Buffalo Sabres Acquire:
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 1st round pick (VGK) [Conditional]*
2023 2nd round pick (VGK) [Conditional]***

*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo

***Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.
Sum: $5,613,333
Change: -$4,386,667
Trade

Vegas Golden Knights Acquire:
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 3rd round pick (BUF) [Conditional]*

*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.
Sum: $10,000,000
Change: +$4,386,667

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad