Injury Report: 2021-2022 Injury Updates

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah he knocked him out and Byron missed half the season because Weeger thought the hit that he took was dirty...

The Byron hit was dirty, Byron left his feet to deliver a head shot to Weeger, who was a out a significant amount of time with a concussion.

To Weeger's credit, I think after he KO'ed Byron, he said he was very disappointed Byron got injured, even though Byron had just injured him.

However, that doesn't excuse his bad judgement in whining when a player could have been seriously injured and needed immediate medical attention. Evans' injury could have been a spine injury or some other injury that needed immediate attention. Bad judgement by Weeger.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Jake Evans' injury wasn't bad luck, it was vintage Jake Evans.

He thinks 100% about making a play, and 0% about protecting himself from injury.

I'd like him to start protecting himself first, even if it means not making the play. Since he's so selfless, he needs to realize that he could be an important part of this team and his long term health is more important than making a few plays.

Reactions: JAVO16 and Hins77

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
The Byron hit was dirty, Byron left his feet to deliver a head shot to Weeger, who was a out a significant amount of time with a concussion.

To Weeger's credit, I think after he KO'ed Byron, he said he was very disappointed Byron got injured, even though Byron had just injured him.

However, that doesn't excuse his bad judgement in whining when a player could have been seriously injured and needed immediate medical attention. Evans' injury could have been a spine injury or some other injury that needed immediate attention. Bad judgement by Weeger.
I think someone was chirping from the bench at him and he was probably just saying that he didn't cause it. That's how it looked to me. Anyone would've reacted the same way. Until you could see the replay, he was in a lot of danger of getting jumped.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Jake Evans' injury wasn't bad luck, it was vintage Jake Evans.

He thinks 100% about making a play, and 0% about protecting himself from injury.

I'd like him to start protecting himself first, even if it means not making the play. Since he's so selfless, he needs to realize that he could be an important part of this team and his long term health is more important than making a few plays.
I said like 3 years ago when he was in Laval that he had leadership potential in him. He kind of reminds me of Carbonneau. If he survives long enough, I can see him as getting an A or even a C.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From the Hughes article today,

"Mailloux is set to undergo arthroscopic surgery on a shoulder he injured in a fight on March 6, a procedure that will put an end to his season but will not keep him out as long as normal surgery would have, his agent Darren Ferris said."

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Really liking the greater transparency this new regime allows in regards to injuries. The Bergevin era was always so secretive when it comes to injures.

We're even getting details on the Laval players' injuries. And AHL injuries in general for all teams are scarce in details.

But the Rocket have really bucked that trend and offer details.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I heard Price has been a full participant in practice. When/if at all do you think he will be taken off IR and into game action?

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
I heard Price has been a full participant in practice. When/if at all do you think he will be taken off IR and into game action?
Unless he has another setback, I think during that 4 game stretch they have at home from the 15th to the 21st.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

The main problem is the league and the officiating. For historical reasons the league encourages fighting, and, unlike pretty much any other organization including boxing and MMA, encourages big guys who mostly fight to go after small guys who don't fight much. The MMA would get banned for matching a 170 pound guy who's on his first match against a 220 pound guy who is 35-2. There aren't many sports that go bare knuckle, either.

People justify it a bunch of ways but it all comes down to indefensible bullying. Officiate correctly, make the suspensions make sense, and, if you aren't going to ban fighting, put in some gloves and weight classes. Maybe start slapping guys across the face with a glove, like for duels or something? And don't pretend the fighting currently in the game isn't ridiculous.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
i don't like to judge a players injuries, as i am not in his body, but i feel many other nhl players would have played many of the games he missed with the same ailment.
Haha, You don’t even have the slightest clue about the nature or severity of his injuries/illness.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Haha, You don’t even have the slightest clue about the nature or severity of his injuries/illness.
well weber played with a career ending injury, so if not worst then that my statement is accurate.
Are you the drouin fan club president ? seems you value him more then most ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad