Pre-Game Talk: 2021-2022 Colorado Avalanche in season thread - Part I: Oh No, We're Bad Again 2017 Tribute Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Not as entertaining as that New Scotlander guy and his various burner accounts.

Was he the one in love with Kakko and kept saying Jack Hughes sucks because he plays in a "kiddy league"? Or was that Bleedwell?

Honestly they all kind of run together for me.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was he the one in love with Kakko and kept saying Jack Hughes sucks because he plays in a "kiddy league"? Or was that Bleedwell?

Honestly they all kind of run together for me.
Don't remember Kakko but yeah I'm pretty sure the kiddy league was him. He was from Newfoundland IIRC.

He went on a long rant about jews once and was likely IP banned or something because that was the last post I've read from that guy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Not as entertaining as that New Scotlander guy and his various burner accounts.
He's from a small town close to me lol. I think I mentioned where I'm from in the Avalounge and once he found out I'm a fellow Nova Scotian he befriended me, said I should come up and watch some hockey, confided that 99% of what he says he's just trying to piss people off etc :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

The thing we forget is that Cale only missed 2 games. And the Avs are like three games behind the other teams.

And he's still only 6 points behind Josi and Fox for the NHL lead, even though they've played 5 and 6 more games than he has.

If he gets hot like he looks like he's gonna do, he could easily end up leading all defenseman in points by the end of the calendar year. He still has a legit shot at the Norris.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Cale McLUTCH (and we have him from another 6-7 years no less at LEAST) hahaha
cut.jpeg

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Avs struggled through the tough part of the schedule, but have been dominating since. 4 game win streak averaging 6 goals a game.

Kadri 9 points
Rantanen 7 points
Makar 7 points
Girard 6 points
Landeskog/Burakovsky/Toews 4 points

The big boys have come to play.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Makar has 5 goals and 13 pts in 12 games. Over 82 games that'd be 34 goals and 89 points.

Good thing he had a shitty start :laugh:

Now he already missed 2 games but if he could stay healthy for 80 games I'd love to see his production for a full season.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Cale McLUTCH (and we have him from another 6-7 years no less at LEAST) hahaha

I don't think you can draw that kind of conclusions. Trades and injuries happens, like it or not. Also, with the recent Blackhawks-case, those can't be completely ignored either.

I'm not saying Makar will get traded, injured, or involved on whatever, but I'm saying you can't make any guarantees against those either.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Makar has 5 goals and 13 pts in 12 games. Over 82 games that'd be 34 goals and 89 points.

Good thing he had a shitty start :laugh:

Now he already missed 2 games but if he could stay healthy for 80 games I'd love to see his production for a full season.
He's move up the def scoring charts. And beyond points, he's looked outright dominant once his little injury went away.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Avs struggled through the tough part of the schedule, but have been dominating since. 4 game win streak averaging 6 goals a game.

Kadri 9 points
Rantanen 7 points
Makar 7 points
Girard 6 points

Shouldn't really be a surprise.

Before this win streak, every team we played besides Chicago opening night were/are a playoff team. Even Columbus was something like 6-3-1 going into those games against us.

It was a tough start to schedule that I think going .500 with the injuries and constant roster changes we had was honestly a respectable start.

If you can stay ~.500 against other top playoff teams while beating up on non playoff teams there's a good chance you get home ice advantage in the playoffs.

2HunnidJoints

Nov 19, 2021

Kadri 9 points
Rantanen 7 points
Makar 7 points
Girard 6 points

We've been playing bottom feeder teams. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves and see if we can be consistent vs. the playoff contenders.

Reactions: Chiarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad