2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
sure Avery was a C***, but he never was as talented either. Deangelo is also still relatively young enough to still learn to grow up. Albeit in the very last moments, but still. Avery had made his mark and was like 30 or so when he came to Dallas.
Adding a guy who tries to beat up teammates seems like a terrible idea. If he was so good, the Rangers wouldn't be waiving him.

Reactions: Starry Knight

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The dude has been given a million chances in his hockey career, he just can't figure out how to act appropriately.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The dude has been given a million chances in his hockey career, he just can't figure out how to act appropriately.
A player can battle with fans and media and keep their job, but when you start stuff with teammates, you'd better be pretty awesome to justify the headache. And he's not that. He can put up points for sure, but his on-ice problem is he puts up points for both teams.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Devils got really careless and got the Sabres also shut down. Once it became clear something was going on with the Devils with COVID the Sabres asked for more details and the Devils flat out refused to give any.

League should've stepped in at that point.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i feel bad for the Sens. They just get dunked on by everyone in that Canadian division .

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Devils got really careless and got the Sabres also shut down. Once it became clear something was going on with the Devils with COVID the Sabres asked for more details and the Devils flat out refused to give any.

League should've stepped in at that point.
Shady stuff

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The goaltending on three or four of the teams in that division is putrid.

I think it'll be almost impossible for the scoring leader not to be from the Canadian division. It's only 7 teams so the better ones get even more games against the terrible defenses.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This season never should've happened. This was inevitable to anyone paying attention to the virus.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean it wasn't with the virus. How it was handled in the US and still is on the other hand yeah i agree.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Wouldn't be surprised if the league shut down 3 of 4 divisions, leaving the Canadian one. It would be one way to keep Canada happy by ensuring one of their own teams actually won the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad