2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
giphy.gif

He's coming to meddle with the NHL team

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Carolinas main carrot to keep playing hard the last 2 games and not rest starters, is to win the presidents trophy...strangely have to start scoreboard watching the west now, specifically wanting Vegas and Colorado to keep winning to force Carolina to keep winning if they want the Presidents trophy.

Vegas down 2-1 vs st louis, Avs up 3-1 vs kings

hacknwack

Apr 6, 2019
Cane's fan here. Sorry guys I think you guys are better then the Preds but just got it together too late. Stars are a better playoff team then the Preds and it's for that reason I hope we drop one of the next two. Just being honest. Just consider it a strange compliment.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Canes look like a team who clinched first and don’t have anything to play for. Lifeless out there

Even though they dressed there whole team and could make a run for the president trophy I’m guessing they don’t want to give it 100% and risk an injury

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Cane's fan here. Sorry guys I think you guys are better then the Preds but just got it together too late. Stars are a better playoff team then the Preds and it's for that reason I hope we drop one of the next two. Just being honest. Just consider it a strange compliment.

I like the Canes, and even though I’m a Stars fan, I agree. Saros has been playing good lately, but I really don’t see the Preds doing anything in the playoffs. I don’t think Dallas would either, but they’re a team built for the playoffs

who knows though, watch Nashville win the cup lol

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Doubt he actually leaves. He and his agent are using his KHL offer to leverage the Wild into offering a deal more to their liking most likely.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
My guess is he wants a short term deal that takes him right to Ufa status

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

May be time to re-think the leadership of the player's union, either Jack is lying or their union is not very good at their jobs. I remember there being more to this story, namely that the surgery was apparently very risky, but just the simple fact that he isn't allowed to take care of his health in the way he wants to is very strange.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
but just the simple fact that he isn't allowed to take care of his health in the way he wants to is very strange.

That's part of the contract he signed though - I'm sure if he was willing to forego his salary while injured, the team would allow him to get any surgery he wants. But if he wants to still get paid while not playing, then he has to follow team rules.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
This might be out of scope of this board, but isn't that why people have unions? To push back their employers taking away basic rights like getting treated for medical issues? I'm just saying I'm shocked the PA doesn't have anything in the CBA that makes sure this exact sort of thing doesn't happen to the players. I'd think the track record with guys playing through concussions would mean this has come up before. Then again, the NHL is a league that has conditioned its players to 'keep everything in the room', so I shouldn't be surprised.

Also, all these guys continue to get paid under IR, so I wish I knew the details about why this treatment was different than every other time a guy needed something.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The guy has a career high of 30 points. Not sure i'd award that 8 years. It could work out but if he regresses after a pretty good shortened season you're stuck with him for a long long time.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You’d think Minny having Victor Rask on their roster would’ve taught them something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad