Prospect Info: 2021 192nd Overall Pick | D Alex Gagne

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Another big defenseman. Definitely the one thing this organization has held true to is that they prioritize their defenders big and mobile

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Muskegon head coach Mike Hamilton on Gagne:
"Alex, in my opinion, is the best defenseman in the USHL from a defensive standpoint. We put him against the other team's top line on a nightly basis, and he was lights out every night. He put up points early in the season, but his role for us was to play against the opponent's top line. There are not enough good things I can say about his game."

Gagne was named to the All-USHL third team and was 2nd in the league in +/-. His +35 is a Muskegon franchise record.

Hamilton was also named the USHL coach of the year.

Reactions: Zwui21

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Al Murray on Gagne:
“Alex is a little bit of a late bloomer. He went through the draft last year undrafted, but went back to the USHL this year and really impressed people to the point where he’s at the US world junior tryout this week. … He’s a real good skating, good positional puck moving defensive d. He’s got some skill. He plays good positionally. He’s got good gaps and takes away time and space. Just a guy who continues to improve. That’s what you want. You want guys that keep getting better.”
Lightning amateur scout John Burkhardt:
“Last year he was in Cedar Rapids. They had problems with their arena, their roof kind of got blown off, so he had to go into the dispersal draft and he landed with Muskegon so I got to see him a lot this year. They had a really good team. He’s another really big defenseman. His skating has definitely come along in the last couple years. He’s also gained some confidence in his offensive play. Big kid, very good defensively. Another good defensive defenseman who we’re bringing into the mold. He’s going to UNH which is a good program out east.”

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad