Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not yikes yet fortunately, 2 out of 3 tests have been negative. Still a glimpse at what this could look like if players aren't truly quarantined until the Cup is awarded.

I'm saying yikes not because it's bad news overall, but because it's simply that easy to contract it. And like you said, it's a look at what could happen when they come back. All it takes is one person.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

So, not Bergy or Marchy. Interesting that they haven't released any more Warrior photos, so we're basically playing Guess Who? at this point.

tenor.gif

And given that there will be another test in a week....I imagine that player will be kept out of Warrior until then, right? I know two tests is generally what you need to get out of most isolation protocols.

And great job, NESN. You have TWO channels. One is showing random sports betting crap. The other is showing a Bruins game that's a rerun (of last night) of a rerun (of Bruins in 2) of a rerun (of the original game). They can't toss the Don Zoom feed up live?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

So, not Bergy or Marchy. Interesting that they haven't released any more Warrior photos, so we're basically playing Guess Who? at this point.

tenor.gif

And given that there will be another test in a week....I imagine that player will be kept out of Warrior until then, right? I know two tests is generally what you need to get out of most isolation protocols.

And great job, NESN. You have TWO channels. One is showing random sports betting crap. The other is showing a Bruins game that's a rerun (of last night) of a rerun (of Bruins in 2) of a rerun (of the original game). They can't toss the Don Zoom feed up live?

because it's a Developing story....which doesn't warrant a press conference and every media outlet in Massachusetts will cover this just as much as part of COVID-19 information.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
In the "who's back in town" camp, you can toss Jake DeBrusk out. He (well, his mom) was making peanut butter balls on Zoom from Edmonton today. It makes sense for him to stay put - the province of Alberta has had about 7,300 cases in their 4.3 million population. Massachusetts is moderately bigger, at 6.8 million, but has had 104,000 cases.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
In the "who's back in town" camp, you can toss Jake DeBrusk out. He (well, his mom) was making peanut butter balls on Zoom from Edmonton today. It makes sense for him to stay put - the province of Alberta has had about 7,300 cases in their 4.3 million population. Massachusetts is moderately bigger, at 6.8 million, but has had 104,000 cases.
Do we know who is here other than Bergy, Marchy and Big Z?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Do we know who is here other than Bergy, Marchy and Big Z?

Haven't heard or seen anything from anyone else, but maybe there are better detectives out there than I. Other than Z, Brad, Krug, and Pasta, most of them are fairly quiet on (public) social media - and even those four aren't exactly voluminous posters. McAvoy, Kuraly, Carlo, and Grz post very sporadically on Instagram, and there's nothing there as far as I see.

I imagine Coyle, Wagner, and Grz never left the Boston area in the first place - Weymouth, Walpole, and Charlestown need their mayors in these uncertain times. Fairly sure most everyone else had left at some point, and maybe they're in the process of figuring out when and how to get back.

Reactions: Ladyfan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly the way things are starting to trend elsewhere I’m not so sure a lot of the country that didn’t take it as seriously as MA won’t be locked down again

starting to have some doubt creep in the last day or two about the NHL/NBA/MLB seasons

Reactions: Estlin

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Chara, john moore, and Par lindholm were out there skating. So i guess at least one of the guys in europe has made it back.

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So we're now up to 5 non-locals back so far, with Bergy, Marchand, and these three...

I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard anything from Weymouth, Walpole, or Charlestown; I assume those three all live locally, while I pretty much assume all of the others generally leave Boston for the summer to their "real home" for at least a significant amount of time. It's nice to see them back, although for some reason my brain thought "Oh, a defensemen's practice" after seeing this, despite Par being on the ice. :facepalm: It's been too long....

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

As the NHL and NHLPA negotiate an agreement to resume play, work visas must be addressed. The league’s calendar "ends" on June 30, and visas expire at that time. Since the pandemic makes it extremely difficult for the quick process of renewals, players were told in a memo "it is essential that you return as soon as possible to give your club enough time to process a renewal application on your behalf."
The worry is that players who do not return over the next week will have difficulty entering North America in time for the potential opening of training camps on July 10.

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Alberta = 661,848 square km
Massachusetts = 27,363 square km

Being 24 times the size helps Alberta.

Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It’s being said now that coronavirus May have been in the US last November, and that the vast majority of people are asymptomatic

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we eventually learned most of America had it by February

This is the exact thing I heard from friends/family who are nurses and doctors. I heard this months ago. Cause as some on here know I truly believe myself and my family had it early december. I asked them if it was possible and they said yes. That the patients they were treating back then as a "virus" nobody could explain, had the same symptons of people with covid that they were/are treating now its wild. I want to get an antibody test but I'm scared to go to my doctors office even when it does open. Mine is still doing televisits on the phone/computer.

You might come to find that many of the players or people in general had this thing earlier than we thought. Crazy!

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is the exact thing I heard from friends/family who are nurses and doctors. I heard this months ago. Cause as some on here know I truly believe myself and my family had it early december. I asked them if it was possible and they said yes. That the patients they were treating back then as a "virus" nobody could explain, had the same symptons of people with covid that they were/are treating now its wild. I want to get an antibody test but I'm scared to go to my doctors office even when it does open. Mine is still doing televisits on the phone/computer.

You might come to find that many of the players or people in general had this thing earlier than we thought. Crazy!
I may have had it around Thanksgiving.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

is the idea that it was here in november but not nearly as contagious back then?

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
is the idea that it was here in november but not nearly as contagious back then?

They're finding stuff out as they go. New treatments, new information on how it spreads, etc. With this new information that it could of most likely been here in early Nov, they can start to track a bit on who/when/where. Remember. The WHO orginally tweeted there was no cause for alarm and no human to human traces. And look what happened. We're learning as we go. But I believe that it was here in Nov. We all should get antibody tests. Professional players too!

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad