NFL: 2020 Training camp news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Paying a RB, especially one with some of Kamara's injury concerns, is risky but they're also in win now mode so trading him for picks wouldn't make a lot of sense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kamara has to get paid now because he won't later on.

But if they're willing to trade him, it's because they think he's about to go off the cliff. If that's now your concern, then pay him, because you're all-in to win it this season. Plus I have no idea what would happen at running back, he's such an important part of the offense and matchups.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Paying a RB, especially one with some of Kamara's injury concerns, is risky but they're also in win now mode so trading him for picks wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Paying a terrible gadget player like Taysom Hill is also risky. Good for Kamara. He deserves to get paid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

90% this is a leverage play because they won't get that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trey Wingo is being let go from ESPN. Apparently they had nothing for him after he was done the ESPN radio gig. His contract was expiring at the end of the year anyways. Doesn't appear NFL Network is interested either. Don't know where that puts him other than waiting for someone else to retire or working some local gig.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Interesting day for the Cowboys - first they released safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and now the NFL has conditionally reinstated DE Randy Gregory.

from cbssports.com:

The wait is officially over. Randy Gregory initially applied for NFL reinstatement back in March, but was forced to wait due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic that created delays in the processing of his application. That led to frustration on the part of Gregory, who recently lashed out at both the NFL and NFLPA over lack of decision as August came and went. A source told CBS Sports on Thursday the Dallas Cowboys believed there would be a verdict issued ahead of Week 1, and that's come to pass.

The same source confirmed on Friday afternoon that the NFL has conditionally reinstated Gregory for 2020, and can report to the team facility as early as Monday, Sept. 7. He'll first submit to an acclimation period, however, given his absence from football in 2019 and in 2020 training camp -- per Tom Pelissero of NFL Network -- and won't be allowed to begin practicing formally until Oct. 5. He will then be allowed to take the field for games as early as Week 7 against the Washington Football Team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Imagine being so trash you can't even beat out Trubisky for a QB gig.

Nice job trading for that contract, Bears!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Foles is better when he has to replace the starter anyways.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It was rigged for Mitch so sadly this isn't surprising

And leadership = LOL

Imagine your leader being guy who had them shut off all TV's/Radio at Halas Hall because he couldn't handle hearing negative talk about his performance

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It was rigged for Mitch so sadly this isn't surprising

And leadership = LOL

Imagine your leader being guy who had them shut off all TV's/Radio at Halas Hall because he couldn't handle hearing negative talk about his performance

This is on Nagy and Pace, they know they f***ed up and are riding him until this year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cut down day so a lot of action coming through. Deadline is 4pm.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
330px-Tiddlywinks.png

I'm playing tiddlywinks with my wife. If I die, I die.

Reactions: TheAngryHank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad