2020 Tokyo Olympics thread

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
This will get filled in as time goes on.

Here's to schedule for the games (you can click on a dot to see the full individual sports schedule):

Olympic Schedule & Dates | Tokyo 2020 Olympics

The games start off with softball and women's football. In softball, it's a full head to head schedule leading to the medals. Canada will take on Mexico, United States, Australia, Japan and Italy in that order.

Women's football has Canada in Group E along with Japan, Chile and Great Britain.

Both events start on July 21st.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
Since this is tokyo olympics, can I spam anime?

1625083714037.jpg

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Off to a great start. Nothing sells newspapers in Japan like a foreigner failing a drug test.

Tokyo Games staff arrested for alleged cocaine use | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

In Japan you don’t need to get busted with an illegal substance in your possession. They will blood/urine test you and if you fail you will go to jail. These guys are obvious idiots who should have just refused the urine test and taken the deportation.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Does anyone even care about the Olympics anymore? I have never heard anyone talk about it in my social or work conversations. Seems like an event that is no longer relevant.

Winter, yes. Summer, not so much. Maybe if a Canadian is going for a gold medal. Few sports in the summer games actually draw eyes to the TV in Canada.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Couldn't be less interested in the Olympics this year and Canada shouldn't even be sending athletes to the next Winter Games. As long as a country is holding a couple of your citizens as hostages you should boycott. I'd feel for the athletes but a stand has to be taken.

When I was working during the boycott of the 1980 Moscow games, there was an athlete working there who was against the boycott. Guess the lure of glory outweighs what a regime does.

Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad