Prospect Info: 2020 Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Wings pick

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ll start by saying that I’m rather ignorant of these kids in the draft.

That said - if Byfield/Stutzle are gone - me thinks the Wings are likely to pick Perfetti (considering his ties to the club).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Raymond is getting all kinds of votes because of the Swede factor in Detroit.

Nope.

PickAVGRangePos2020 draftSize/HandNation
11,01LWAlexis Lafreniere6'1 - LCAN
22,02-4CQuinton Byfield6'4 - LCAN
32,42-4C/LWTim Stützle5'11 - LGER
43,02-9RWLucas Raymond5'10 - RSWE
54,23-8LWAlexander Holtz6'0 - RSWE
64,43-9C/LWCole Perfetti5'10 - LCAN
74,83-16CAnton Lundell6'1 - LFIN
85,25-8RDJamie Drysdale5'11 - RCAN
95,65-10CMarco Rossi5'9 - LAUT
108,77-18GJaroslav Askarov6'3 - RRUS
119,48-31LDJake Sanderson6'1 - LUSA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This is my 3 months old average rank, collected from 15 different draft ranks. Including Dobber prospects, Corey Pronman, Central Scouting, Prospect pipeline, McKeen's, Future considerations, The Draft Analyst, The hockey Writers (Larry Fisher), ISS etc.

The love for these Swedes comes from elsewhere. Not from games played after summer, or love from Detroit.

I love Perfetti, but still can see Yzerman pullin, Lundell at #4 if Stutzle or Byfield does not drop to #4. Centers are so important that they are BPAs in these close situations.

Wingers will drop again vs. all ranks, I'll pretty much quarantee it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I’m really starting to think we might see a little lundell curve ball on oct 6th

I actually like Lundell a lot. It’s so frustrating when prospects get characterized as a responsible two way forward. That’s not to say it’s an invalid description of certain prospects but once it’s out there, it seems many people box them in to a low ceiling which I think is unfair in some cases. Further, just because there is a prospect with high skill/potential/ceiling doesn’t mean they will actually be a better player.

Larkin > Perlini/Milano; Franzen > schremp

Lundell might not be the sexy pick but I don’t think it’s unrealistic for him to become one of the top 5 or 7 players in this draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lundell and Zary are 2 curveballs I’d be OK with. I could also see Yzerman liking Seth Jarvis a lot, but not sure enough to take him 4th.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Raymond has been too good this short SHL preseason for teams to not notice. I reckon he will be our pick if the Perfetti connection isn't as strong as people thing.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Raymond has been too good this short SHL preseason for teams to not notice. I reckon he will be our pick if the Perfetti connection isn't as strong as people thing.
Come on, we all know better than this. The list of NHL preseason gods is far more mediocre than you'd think.

Raymond is going to have the chance to play real games before the draft, so we'll see then. But it doesn't mean much right now.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
But , did you watch any game, did you see him improving

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Come on, we all know better than this. The list of NHL preseason gods is far more mediocre than you'd think.

Raymond is going to have the chance to play real games before the draft, so we'll see then. But it doesn't mean much right now.
How often do we see NHL Draft eligible players in the NHL preseason?

Let's just not talk about preseason games then. NHL playoff talk only here boys. Even in the threads talking about these kids.

Raymond is a great prospect performing well the first time we've seen him in 6 months. I had him #4 then and he's #4 on my list now.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Perfetti at four seems dependent upon whether they think he's an NHL center. On that question, I think his size and skating make playing center about as unlikely as it is likely. Also, it would depend on how Perfetti compares offensively with Raymond. I cannot make this call, but that's what I think it comes down to.

Drysdale has always seemed like the surest bet of the three. He doesn't seem like the greatest need, but too many talented RHD is a good problem to have because, if worse comes to worse, you up trade them for the exact piece you need.

I guess that with the way 2020 hockey has gone, I'm not as confident in what I've seen from those forwards as I am in what Drysdale has shown. I know Stevie has seen more from these players than what I have seen, but I can't base my vote on what I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirloinUB
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
How often do we see NHL Draft eligible players in the NHL preseason?

Let's just not talk about preseason games then. NHL playoff talk only here boys. Even in the threads talking about these kids.

Raymond is a great prospect performing well the first time we've seen him in 6 months. I had him #4 then and he's #4 on my list now.
The point wasn't something specific to NHL draft-eligible prospects, it was that players overachieve in preseason games and then slump in the regular season, and this happens very frequently. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it happens in lower level leagues, too. That's why we have to take a step back before evaluating. That's not to say we can't talk about those games, that's fine. He's playing well; that's cool. But people are clearly getting all worked up on here. Hence the vote, IMO.

I don't get the problem with this argument. Like, a good claim is both justified and true. I'm not saying the claim "Raymond has improved and is now playing at a higher level" is false. It might be true; I have no idea. I'm saying it's unjustified given the evidence. Performance, good or bad, in preseason games is poor quality evidence, and I think we all agree on that, deep down. But regular season games are much better quality evidence, so we should see soon enough.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The point wasn't something specific to NHL draft-eligible prospects, it was that players overachieve in preseason games and then slump in the regular season, and this happens very frequently. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it happens in lower level leagues, too. That's why we have to take a step back before evaluate. That's not to say we can't talk about those games, that's fine. He's playing well; that's cool. But people are clearly getting all worked up on here. Hence the vote, IMO.

I don't get the problem with this argument. Like, a good claim is both justified and true. I'm not saying the claim "Raymond has improved and is now playing at a higher level" is false. It might be true; I have no idea. I'm saying it's unjustified given the evidence. Performance, good or bad, in preseason games is poor quality evidence, and I think we all agree on that, deep down. But regular season games are much better quality evidence, so we should see soon enough.

Yeah, agree with this.

And especially, when other prospects at same spots at draft are not playing at all, hyping the one who is playing easy games, is pretty much fooling just yourself.

Only thing I can say, is that I've seen only Lundell and Raymond playing at this pre-season, and Lundell looks better.

So if I would be forced to make some draft tweaks based on that, I would have to make a list where Lundell goes before him.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The point wasn't something specific to NHL draft-eligible prospects, it was that players overachieve in preseason games and then slump in the regular season, and this happens very frequently. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it happens in lower level leagues, too. That's why we have to take a step back before evaluating. That's not to say we can't talk about those games, that's fine. He's playing well; that's cool. But people are clearly getting all worked up on here. Hence the vote, IMO.

Cool, I'll talk about his actual game production when it happens. What is he going to play? 1 game before the draft?

Two paragraphs saying preseason isn't worth the same as regular season. Dope dude no shit. The draft is less than 4 weeks away. Not gonna be much SHL regular season tape.

Edit: can someone tell me when the shl season actually begins? I can't find it

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cool, I'll talk about his actual game production when it happens. What is he going to play? 1 game before the draft?

Two paragraphs saying preseason isn't worth the same as regular season. Dope dude no shit. The draft is less than 4 weeks away. Not gonna be much SHL regular season tape.

Edit: can someone tell me when the shl season actually begins? I can't find it

19th september.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Nope.

PickAVGRangePos2020 draftSize/HandNation
11,01LWAlexis Lafreniere6'1 - LCAN
22,02-4CQuinton Byfield6'4 - LCAN
32,42-4C/LWTim Stützle5'11 - LGER
43,02-9RWLucas Raymond5'10 - RSWE
54,23-8LWAlexander Holtz6'0 - RSWE
64,43-9C/LWCole Perfetti5'10 - LCAN
74,83-16CAnton Lundell6'1 - LFIN
85,25-8RDJamie Drysdale5'11 - RCAN
95,65-10CMarco Rossi5'9 - LAUT
108,77-18GJaroslav Askarov6'3 - RRUS
119,48-31LDJake Sanderson6'1 - LUSA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This is my 3 months old average rank, collected from 15 different draft ranks. Including Dobber prospects, Corey Pronman, Central Scouting, Prospect pipeline, McKeen's, Future considerations, The Draft Analyst, The hockey Writers (Larry Fisher), ISS etc.

The love for these Swedes comes from elsewhere. Not from games played after summer, or love from Detroit.

I love Perfetti, but still can see Yzerman pullin, Lundell at #4 if Stutzle or Byfield does not drop to #4. Centers are so important that they are BPAs in these close situations.

Wingers will drop again vs. all ranks, I'll pretty much quarantee it.
Interesting 15 source average. Thanks for compiling this as it adds 2 curveballs in the top 7 & drops 1 "Top4 for sure" Drysdale. If only each of the 15 sources could be weighted/accounted for by their past prediction success ratios (for Rd. 1), it'd likely be different.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Interesting 15 source average. Thanks for compiling this as it adds 2 curveballs in the top 7 & drops 1 "Top4 for sure" Drysdale. If only each of the 15 sources could be weighted/accounted for by their past prediction success ratios (for Rd. 1), it'd likely be different.
Rankings don't really consider team needs, I doubt Drysdale falls especially with Ottawa picking twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad