2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas is built like CBJ of last season but with more skills

Not a shoe in, but it's the kind of team you folks don't matchup well against

I know you hope we don't win. No biggie. I didnt root for you guys last year in the finals.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
It is a truly great shame Stamkos is not able to play right now. I do not know whether or not there's any chance of him returning during these play-offs but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

He is not really that big of a difference maker.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
bruins went up game 1 on the lightning this year too. They are really awesome at game 1. I remember 2018 they also won game 1. games 2-5 of those series are why they are here spending time with us now.

I wonder how many times this group has lost game 1. It happens a lot with us.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
I don't know, it looked like a beat down to me. I said earlier Dallas already overcame the best offense in the league in Colorado. This was probably MacKinnon's best season ever, they scored many unreal goals plus there were a lot of goals where Avalanche found deflections or even multiple deflections and that still wasn't enough. Tamps doesn't seem to have offense of the same level as Colorado, they more look like Vegas. Kucherov is obviously is elite but he was closely watched and Tampa didn't seem to have enough offensive weapons, at least not in this game. They need to quickly find a new gear, I don't really know if they could overcome Dallas if they fall in the next game again.

Reactions: PaulD and CLW

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Maybe it's sustainable the rest of the way these playoffs, but I don't know if it's sustainable long-term beyond 2020.

Even if they win the Cup this year, it's not like they would be super duper likely to go back-to-back ala the Pens.

What was sustainable about the Pens 2nd Cup win? Im not sure why you need to win sustainability has to do with b2b Cups anyways.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
All of these Dallas Stars fans talking smack LOL. Lets call it for what it is - Dallas got the jump on a tired TBL team. Let's see how the rest of this series shakes out before we get cocky now :laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What an amazing job Miro did!. That alone was Conn Smyth worthy game.

Miro completely shutdown Point in game 1, was on his face the entire game
and awesomely defended him in the d-zone, when ever he was on the ice.

Brayden Point : 0+0 -3, no shots on goal, 2 giveaways and didn't make much of plays,
didn't create a single scoring chance for his team, ones that could of
been a goal anyways.

Miro Heiskanen : 0+1 +2, 1 shot on goal, 2 hits and 1 takeaway, + was crazy good
nuts good in his own end and completely shutdown Mr. Point, obviously
played great against others as well.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
All of these Dallas Stars fans talking smack LOL. Lets call it for what it is - Dallas got the jump on a tired TBL team. Let's see how the rest of this series shakes out before we get cocky now :laugh:

You mean like al TB fans before the series even started? Hell, their board was so confident that they thought this was a sweep or maybe 5 games for them. Now its blaming the refs and team being injured and too tired.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
That line will be Miro’s assignment for the entire series I imagine. It’s only one game, but he was solid again as is the norm with Miro.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Got to love cocky fans after one game

I don’t see Stars fan being cocky so much as Tampa fans making excuses lmao

it’s only 1 game there is a lot of hockey left to be played so I don’t think Tampa fans need to be making excuses or stars fans need to be cocky

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I’m not cocky as a Stars fan either; nobody, again nobody, saw us being here. What a hell of a way to start the Finals though. Momentum is a good word that should be used rather than cocky.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Miro had a decent game but it definitely wasn't even one of his best of the playoffs. He has another level above what we saw tonight even though he was still good

Also, he's been assigned other teams top lines all playoffs long. He and Oleksiak are the Stars top shutdown pairing so they get the tough assignments every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad