2020 Stanley Cup Favourite #6

6IX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not really, as the Leafs only play the pacific teams twice a year vs the Sharks playing them 4 times a year. Leafs also face two of the better teams in the league in Tampa and Boston 8 games a year vs 2 for the Sharks.

It doesn't matter though because this isn't weighted by games played. This is weighted by per game performance. On a per game basis, the Sharks out-performed Toronto even excluding games against the Pacific. In fact, the margin by which they out-performed them actually grows.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It doesn't matter though because this isn't weighted by games played. This is weighted by per game performance. On a per game basis, the Sharks out-performed Toronto even excluding games against the Pacific. In fact, the margin by which they out-performed them actually grows.

I am saying you can't claim it's the end all, because the Leafs play better teams on average (both east divisions > west). It's one thing for two teams in the same division, but a 5 point gap is nothing when you adjust for the number of bad teams in the west vs the east.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
What does that have to do with 2020? We are talking about next season and the Leafs are a legitimate contender espicelly now that they have revamped thir D
Recent playoffs proved there too soft and they've done nothing to fix that problem. They've made it worse really, look at Spezza signing

Reactions: thaman8765678

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sj lost their best playoff performer and only beat Vegas because of the zebras.

Burns and Ek are slowing down. Everyone knows Sj will be battling to even get in the playoffs

Pavelski scored 5 5-on-5 points in his last 35 playoff games.

I am saying you can't claim it's the end all, because the Leafs play better teams on average (both east divisions > west). It's one thing for two teams in the same division, but a 5 point gap is nothing when you adjust for the number of bad teams in the west vs the east.

San Jose's average points pace against the 3 non-Pacific Divisions (95 points) is still higher than Toronto's. But whatever you need to say to rationalize your terrible arguments.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Nashville would be winning this if it weren't for the high volume of leaf fans, take a look at the usernames who voted Leafs lol

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Recent playoffs proved there too soft and they've done nothing to fix that problem. They've made it worse really, look at Spezza signing

Recent playoff performance prove Nazem Kadri is an idiot that gets himself suspended every year thus costing his team playoff rounds, thankfully he's mow in Colorado

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
Sj lost their best playoff performer and only beat Vegas because of the zebras.

Burns and Ek are slowing down. Everyone knows Sj will be battling to even get in the playoffs

stay butthurt

Also - Burns, EK and Couture are all better than Pavelski in the playoffs.

I like how you mention the loss of 35 yr old Pavelski and complain the others are slowing lol.

Burns and Couture have yet to slow at all.

Goodluck with that thought little dude.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
stay ********

Also - Burns, EK and Couture are all better than Pavelski in the playoffs.

I like how you mention the loss of 35 yr old Pavelski and complain the others are slowing lol.

Burns and Couture have yet to slow at all.

Goodluck with that thought little dude.
I never said Pavs wasn't slowing either, losing him is the worst thing for that group as he was their leader.

EK is way slower and got his payday so don't expect big things. Burns is getting beat wide more often as well...

Feb 24, 2017
Where do you put them?

The leafs will never win a cup with 6.96 million tied up in willa nylander. They allocate that money to something more conducive to playoff hockey and then in a believer. All the other big money tickets they have can be worth it. He’s just way too gutless.

Reactions: thaman8765678

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Nashville needed stability down the middle and now they have it. Subban was a luxury and overrated one imo, he lost lots of speed over the past couple years.

Ironic calling P.K. overrated whilst putting over Duchene.

Duchene performed so well when wanting a contract but now that he has it I’m not convinced he’s going to be great. Some centres don’t mesh in Nashville, ex-turris. I can completely see Duchene being a disappointment. When’s the last time a Nashville forward has hit 75’pts? Has it ever happened? Duchene never done it but wondering if anyone on nashville has ever?

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Ironic calling P.K. overrated whilst putting over Duchene.

Duchene performed so well when wanting a contract but now that he has it I’m not convinced he’s going to be great. Some centres don’t mesh in Nashville, ex-turris. I can completely see Duchene being a disappointment. When’s the last time a Nashville forward has hit 75’pts? Has it ever happened? Duchene never done it but wondering if anyone on nashville has ever?
[mod] I just said Pk is overrated because people assume he still has good speed. Duchene is still prime and Nashville needed a centre more than they needed Pk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad