2020 Roster Speculation Part 2: Off-season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think a trade with Arizona could work out. Lots of players there who could be useful for Buffalo: Schmaltz, Dvorak, Stepan, Raanta, Fischer, etc. And they need RHD.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The video scouting thing still doesn't bother me. I think it can really be an improvement over the traditional manner.

How many boots on the ground do you need to cover all of Europe? Probably a lot, and doing it halfway with guys scrambling from city to city, to try to get viewings and then relaying valuable information is probably less effective than multiple people having a chance to watch the same games, break down the film, and discuss it.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't know if anyone saw that Minnesota trade but they traded Dubnyk to the Sharks for a 5th and Minnesota had to retain and give a 7th round pick....

Am I missing something here? Is Dubnyk a liability?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
@Dirty Dog - yes, that's also a reasonable way of thinking about it. basically spent his whole career here losing, can't blame him for wanting a change of scenery

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I’m not optimistic that Tage will be deserving of a lineup spot.

When we last saw him two years ago he was a flat out liability, worst player on the ice most nights, and he’s played 27 AHL games since then.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't know if anyone saw that Minnesota trade but they traded Dubnyk to the Sharks for a 5th and Minnesota had to retain and give a 7th round pick....

Am I missing something here? Is Dubnyk a liability?

He had a bad year. His numbers fell from the last 4.

He had one yr left with the actual salary much lower than the cap hit.
This trade balances out to

Donato and Dubnik at 50% and 7th for 3rd snd 5th. A 3+5 is roughly equal to a 2nd.

Also with dell a UFA San Jose needed a second goalie

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Obviously Tage is not a 4c, but there is a real chance that the net roster change of Tage in and Larry out has negated most of Staal over Johansson, and we now need to start improving from scratch again.

Pleeeeeeease develop that processing speed tage

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I’m not optimistic that Tage will be deserving of a lineup spot.

When we last saw him two years ago he was a flat out liability, worst player on the ice most nights, and he’s played 27 AHL games since then.

I feel similarly. It's reasonable to expect a young player to improve but Tage needs to make some big leaps to go from liability on the ice to even being a full time NHL player. A three year contract commitment isn't outrageous but seems hasty in this case.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I feel like if they tell Tage his one job is to park himself like a tree in front of the net and tip pucks, good things will happen.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Staal-xxx
Kahun-Cozens-Tage
xxx-xxx-Okposo
Lazar

I’d prefer skinner and Olofsson flip but I don’t expect it to happen. As it stands now, not a bad start to a forward lineup.

Wouldn’t mind 2 more C acquisitions and have Cozens play a shortened junior season(if they play). Dominate World Juniors, come to camp, play 9 games, end season in juniors and play AHL after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad