Speculation: 2020 Red Wings lines

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I can very easily seeing them finishing in the bottom 25%.

Personally, I would like to see a lot of games end 5-4 with the Wings losing in regulation. Play the kids, make it exciting, and one more high draft pick.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Abbie/Ras - Larkin - Mantha
Abbie/Ras - Nielsen - Zadina
Bert - Turgeon/Some UFA - Svech
Helm - Turgeon/Some UFA - Glendening

DDK - Some UFA
Hronek -Cholo
Sulak - Some UFA

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
OK just for fun: Fantasy for 2020-2021

Bert - Larkin – Mantha
Svech - Raz – Zadina
Veleno – Nielsen - Pope
Abby – Turgeon – Givani
Helmer (can play anywhere) or Glennie
2 rookies (Veleno – starts on wing, Givani)
Z on LTIR

FA – Saarijarvo
Sulak – Cholo
DDK – Hronek
Jensen or another FA

Howard – Bernier

GRG – McIsaac, Berggren, Setkov,
Larsson, Lindstrom, Fulcher, Kotkansalo

TBD – AA, Glennie, Helmer, Jensen

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I can very easily seeing them finishing in the bottom 25%.

Personally, I would like to see a lot of games end 5-4 with the Wings losing in regulation. Play the kids, make it exciting, and one more high draft pick.

That's a dumb thing to think about. If I see a lot of games end 5-4... **** I'd have rather spent a couple more million dollars on a goalie. If we can average 4 goals a game, if you have even okay goaltending... that's gonna put you in the playoffs with a chance to do something.

And I'm not praying for my team to lose in regulation. If they happen to end up in a position to have good lottery odds at the end of the year, I pray for those balls to bounce. But I'm not going into the year hoping that they're going to suck. That's ludicrous to me.

If it's January and we're 15-20 points out. Okay. I get it. Play for the draft pick. But it's October.

Reactions: Winger98

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Veleno has played 3 years in the CHL..he isn’t AHL eligible..will be back in Drummondville

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
That's a dumb thing to think about. If I see a lot of games end 5-4... **** I'd have rather spent a couple more million dollars on a goalie. If we can average 4 goals a game, if you have even okay goaltending... that's gonna put you in the playoffs with a chance to do something.

And I'm not praying for my team to lose in regulation. If they happen to end up in a position to have good lottery odds at the end of the year, I pray for those balls to bounce. But I'm not going into the year hoping that they're going to suck. That's ludicrous to me.

If it's January and we're 15-20 points out. Okay. I get it. Play for the draft pick. But it's October.

I would rather watch an exciting bad team for a couple years, than a mediocre team for a decade.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005

Agree.

I can stomach one more brutal season for the long term plan. But if they are a competitive hockey team I’ll gladly cheer for wins.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
2020 - 2021 Roster

Bert - Larkin - Mantha
Ras - Veleno - Zadina
Svech - Helm - Berggren
Abby - Glenys - Pope

DDK - Trouba
Cholo - Hronek
Hicketts - Jensen

FA/Trade
Bernier

Pretty optimistic I know but one can dream

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
AA-Larkin-Mantha
Bert - Rasmussen-Zadina
Svech-Veleno- whatever UFA we overpay
Abby-Glendening-Helm

DDK-Hronek
Cholo-?
Lindstrom-Hicketts
(This defense is still sad right now due everyone but DDK being an unknown at the NHL level.)

No clue on goalie. I guess Keith Petruzelli or however you spell it and Bernier.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
AA – Larkin – Mantha
Bertuzzi – Rasmussen – Zadina
Abdelkader – Nielson – Svechnikov
Giovanni Smith – Turgeon – Glendening

Just for fun right?

Hronek - Cholowski
Saarijarvi - Hicketts
Lindstrom - DeKeyser

Bernier
Rybar/*Rookie*/UFA.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I hope wings will be better next year
There is no such thing as an exciting bad team.
Since day one Predators were mediocre team. They didn't loose any fans. I remember times when you can see wings jersey everywhere, but now if you watch the local games looks like half of the seats are empty.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Any lineup without Karlsson as our #1 D just isn't very realistic.

If he makes it to UFA we are going to get a meeting. I really believe that with both Zetterberg and Alfie as his two best friends and mentors. They have glowing things to say about Detroit and the Ownership, which has to be important to a guy like Karlsson after what he has been through. Now he still has to get there, but I think we get a seat at his table and have a pitch next summer.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I hope wings will be better next year

Since day one Predators were mediocre team. They didn't loose any fans. I remember times when you can see wings jersey everywhere, but now if you watch the local games looks like half of the seats are empty.

The Predators until like two years ago were nothing but a mediocre team. Their fan base didn’t know anything but being blah... so that’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad