GDT: 2020 Qualifiers - Game 3 - Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Aug 6 - 11:30AM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: August 6, 11:30AM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Best of Five Series Tied 1-1

View attachment 357696

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson- Miller
Eriksson - Horvat - Pearson
Roussel - Sutter - Ferland
Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Myers - Fantenberg

Markstrom

Canucks’ Top Performers vs. Minnesota:

Bo Horvat - 2GP, 1G, 1A, 2Pts
Alexander Edler - 2GP, 0G, 2A, 2Pts
JT Miller - 2GP, 1G, 1A, 2Pts

Minnesota Wild Starting Lineup:
Greenway - Staal - Fiala
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Galchenyuk - Zuccarello
Donato - Koivu - Hartman

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Hunt

Stalock

Wild’s Top Performers vs Vancouver:
Kevin Fiala - 2GP, 3G, 0A, 3Pts
Eric Staal - 2GP, 0G, 4A, 4Pts
Jared Spurgeon - 2GP, 2G, 1A, 3Pts

Notes in Advance of Game 3:
Canucks’ players Micheal Ferland, Tyler Toffoli, Antoine Roussel and Adam Gaudette are all potentially unfit to play

Moderator’s Note:
Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
  1. Wild are doing a good job anticipating amd blocking one-timers from EP and Boeser. Continue to crash the net and take quick shots from everywhere. Stalock does not have good rebound control.
  2. Man up on Fiala and take away that shot. Easier said than done as he doesn't need much room or space for that release. Reminds me of Marion Gaborik. They may have to cheat on that side...Not always a good strategy but one you have to employ on these snipers.
  3. Go balls out to get the first goal. Wild play their game best when they get the lead.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm going to be watching out for the number of PPs this game. The more for each side, the better it is for the Canucks. If the refs put their whistles away, then this hurts the Canucks.

I say this knowing that the Wild have yet to score a 5v5 goal.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
so here's the thing. if you have a player like ferland who might be a concussion away from being a vegetable for the rest of his life, should management/the coaching staff/medical staff say to him, hey under no circumstances are you allowed to fight? if you intentionally put yourself in unnecessary harm's way like that the decision about whether to play or not won't be your decision anymore.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
so here's the thing. if you have a player like ferland who might be a concussion away from being a vegetable for the rest of his life, should management/the coaching staff/medical staff say to him, hey under no circumstances are you allowed to fight? if you intentionally put yourself in unnecessary harm's way like that the decision about whether to play or not won't be your decision anymore.

This is essentially what the Canucks did with Malhotra. He ended up going and signing with another two organizations that were willing to take him on (Montreal and Carolina). Try out offers that became short term deals, but nonetheless.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
This is essentially what the Canucks did with Malhotra. He ended up going and signing with another two organizations that were willing to take him on (Montreal and Carolina). Try out offers that became short term deals, but nonetheless.

yeah gillis and manny is what i had in mind.

the situation was slightly different though. manny shouldn't have been playing, period, and gillis said if you're going to risk your health i'm not going to help you do that.

but in this case, where ferland might reasonably be able to play without adding too much risk, shouldn't the team just say no fighting? you can't make him never get hit in the head because it's hockey but you can make him never let someone punch him in the head repeatedly.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
God knows how many concussions Ferland has. His stint with the Hurricanes saw him contiuously leave the bench midway through games towards the end of the 2019 season.

Management has to intervene and stop this IF it is related to his concussions.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
tough time to get riddled with the injury bug.

back to back games and 3 games in 4 nights.

That is going to be rough especially when the bodies of the players arent in peak performance shape coming off the long break

I'm hoping Top Titty just has a deep bruiser on his foot and that there's no fracture.

I'm not optimisitic on Ferland as it seems it wasnt a specific hit or play that caused an injury which is very concerning in itself.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Lulz at Baertschi opting out of joining the bubble, probably considered he had no chance of cracking the line-up. Now we are 1 injury away from him being an option.

I’m guessing MacEwan slots in for Ferland?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Assuming Ferland's out and Toffoli is back, lets try this:

Jt. Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Eriksson
Virtanen Gaudette Toffoli
Motte/Beagle/Sutter/Roussel/MacEwen or whatever works
I think they like Sutter as third line center
Jt. Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Toffoli
Gaudette Sutter Virtanen
Motte Beagle Eriksson

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Lulz at Baertschi opting out of joining the bubble, probably considered he had no chance of cracking the line-up. Now we are 1 injury away from him being an option.

I’m guessing MacEwan slots in for Ferland?

Not the best decision for his career going forward either. There aren't exactly a lot of places he can play this year. Most leagues are going to have a tough go of it operating without fan revenue. No one is going to take a chance on him now that he has sat out the restart.

Reactions: Christina Woloski

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
score first and keep crashing the net. powerplays will be nullfied like last game. had vancouver popped a couple of pp goals game would have had a different score. myers needs to be physical and stop taking penalties. him and edler.. but edler has been a warrior in the backend. taking no shits from any wild player. hopefully zack and gaudette are in if roussel and ferland are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad