Prospect Info: 2020 OHL Prospects Report - Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lodnia might be intriguing if we lose Kunin in the ED.

He could, but I don't see him being anywhere near the offensive player Kunin can be.

I also see us going 7-3-1 in the expansion draft and protecting Kunin. Because if Guerin does his job correctly, we should have another center we'd like to protect by then, and possibly one less defenseman.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Gordeev has too many physical tools to not become an NHL player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He could, but I don't see him being anywhere near the offensive player Kunin can be.

I also see us going 7-3-1 in the expansion draft and protecting Kunin. Because if Guerin does his job correctly, we should have another center we'd like to protect by then, and possibly one less defenseman.

I'm sure these discussions will ramp up after the season ends, but regarding the ED, I can absolutely see a world where we go 4x4 and opt to keep the bonafide strength of the team together for as long as possible. Kunin a) not being played as a center, and b) being relegated to the 3rd line, lowers the "can't lose this guy" mindset a little bit.

Reactions: fgobuzz

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm sure these discussions will ramp up after the season ends, but regarding the ED, I can absolutely see a world where we go 4x4 and opt to keep the bonafide strength of the team together for as long as possible. Kunin a) not being played as a center, and b) being relegated to the 3rd line, lowers the "can't lose this guy" mindset a little bit.

It's not a "can't lose Kunin" mindset, it's a "cant lose the center we acquire, Fiala, or Eriksson Ek while also needing to protect Parise and Zuccarello" mindset.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Best bet to not be a career AHLer?

The obvious answer would be Jones. He has progressed well and certainly has the make-up of a future NHL netminder. In three years or so, it's certainly easy to see him being the Wild's back-up (at least to start).

If we're not selecting Jones, I would say the best "bet" would be Giroux because he brings intangibles that could make him one of those career fourth line types, like your Scott Nichol's, Matt Hendrick's, etc. The path for him is probably easier.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad