Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Man looking at all of the jerseys, some teams just really screwed up their design lol. Others just knocked it out of the park, however most are plain, ugly, or just meh.

I mean what the hell is Detroit's jersey lol

Think the ones who nailed it are:
Ducks, Coyotes, Bruins, Sabres, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Avs, Kings, Habs, Blues, Canucks, Golden Knights, Capitals, Pens

So about half of them did a good job. Some of those are even debatable

Rangers Lady Liberty logo is nice but the jersey just feels...off. I'm sure itll turn out nice though so I'll list it as a "maybe" nailed it. I like the Wild's jersey too but its just a color change. Wished they altered the logo too

Detroit didn’t even try to make an effort.

The problem with the Rangers’ jersey is that the logo is about half a foot too low on the jersey. Designer must have been a less experienced one and tried to just center it, rather than put it up on the chest area.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Not having green on the bottom of the jersey is a bad look. I bet it there was some internal decision about it costing more to have green that led to this. Also, white pants and gloves are a terrible look.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
5fb0478fdc2686783f9bb814_1114-dal-pred.jpg

Should've looked like this

Could have been so good:

Xj38wBJ.jpg

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Texas shaped logo always was a better fit for the chest of these jerseys. Having the star-shaped logo that doesn't match the star cut of the jersey was a flaw even when they first came out.

But this new one has the star shape on the jersey all wrong. Look at this modification above. The star points coming down the sleeves don't come down far enough.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Safe to say after the sales numbers come out whoever signed off on these neon rave jerseys and these white apron jerseys is gonna get fired

Reactions: sportswastaken

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
meh we could have done so much better. Like just about everyone else i see way too much white. I do love the old stars logo with silver though. It would really pop on a black or green jersey.

The wild jersey might be the most beautiful jersey ive ever seen.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I live in Dallas. I lived in Dallas back when current Wild fans were enjoying the history being made in the Target Center. Those memories belong to them.

Aside from a couple exhibition games after they moved to Dallas, the Stars never played at Target Center or made any memories there. They were at the Met Center and the Stars should have either honoured that history fully or created a whole new identity in 1993 - just my two cents as a long time fan who lives in neither community, but really loves green.

I feel like Minnesota did a much better job on these than Dallas. I just can’t get past the
minimalism of these, which reminds me of the awful uniforms after the star set. They need more colour, not less.

I like the neon set and I loved the Winter Classic logo and think it’s shame they aren’t doing more with it. These ones just miss the mark to me.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Aside from a couple exhibition games after they moved to Dallas, the Stars never played at Target Center or made any memories there. They were at the Met Center and the Stars should have either honoured that history fully or created a whole new identity in 1993 - just my two cents as a long time fan who lives in neither community, but really loves green.
Ah, my bad, but... I'm a Dallas Stars fan, so there's a reason why I don't know much about what some other team did in front of other fans.

Reactions: Satan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad