Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think the model for it should've been wearing equipment so we could see what it will actually look like on the ice

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looking at the whole league, and the Stars have the worst of them all. The white around the bottom is too much. This looks like something that was in a draft folder as a template and was accidentally sent to the printer.

The Devils, Kings, Canucks, Wild, and Jets all look awesome.

Reactions: DieselPig and Zapp

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Looking at the whole league, and the Stars have the worst of them all. The white around the bottom is too much. This looks like something that was in a draft folder as a template and was accidentally sent to the printer.

The Devils, Kings, Canucks, Wild, and Jets all look awesome.
Typical Dallas Stars. These had so much potential. Very disappointed.

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
pin_bhull01.jpg

I mean how difficult was it to use more of the original template and not overdo it with the white ?

Em9D3WLXIAIEo_n

Like seriously man. What the hell.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Funny, saw my collection of jerseys when I dressed in my closet today, and wondered if it would be worth it to add to my current collection of 3 (home, away, winter classic). They are obviously luxury purchases if on any kind of budget (even a loose one like mine, LOL) With any restraint, I would buy neither, will likely buy the neon and black one because I like contrast, hope I don't cave and buy this one. I get the nearly all white as contrast to the nearly all black, but it is pretty bland. If they would have put the inside or outside area of the star pattern in a darker color, I think it would have been way cooler.

I wonder if this is like (casual) golf, and the jersey designers can take a mulligan?

Reactions: Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man looking at all of the jerseys, some teams just really screwed up their design lol. Others just knocked it out of the park, however most are plain, ugly, or just meh.

I mean what the hell is Detroit's jersey lol

Think the ones who nailed it are:
Ducks, Coyotes, Bruins, Sabres, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Avs, Kings, Habs, Blues, Canucks, Golden Knights, Capitals, Pens

So about half of them did a good job. Some of those are even debatable

Rangers Lady Liberty logo is nice but the jersey just feels...off. I'm sure itll turn out nice though so I'll list it as a "maybe" nailed it. I like the Wild's jersey too but its just a color change. Wished they altered the logo too

Last edited:
Reactions: Zapp

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I remember when the NHL first switched to these new tighter fitting jerseys and the Stars had to ditch the star shape jersey because the jersey maker said it just doesn't work. Well, I guess we're now seeing how right they were. The star shape is a mess on these.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I remember when the NHL first switched to these new tighter fitting jerseys and the Stars had to ditch the star shape jersey because the jersey maker said it just doesn't work. Well, I guess we're now seeing how right they were. The star shape is a mess on these.

The TAIL looks like ASS.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Oh this is bad.

I like the jersey by itself, but jesus christ.

Funny opposite from me. It only kind of works with a lot of white everywhere else. But I also need to see a pic that's not tiny.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Wow. Wasn’t expecting such disappointment today. I was 99% positive I was going to be adding another jersey to my collection, but I want no part of that. Huge swing and a miss.

Reactions: sportswastaken

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I think they put too much thought into the blackout and RR.. I will be really curious to see how the sales of these jerseys perform. I know I’m not interested in either and there’s a lot of the fan base that feels the same way.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
amazing how much that little more green changes the entire look. These are phenomenal.

The green make all the difference. Stark contrast between shit and gold!

I do like the new black jersey though. This is the first one since the rebrand I don't like.

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Someone might've already mentioned this but the Stars jersey just looks like they couldn't finish it in time so just released it how it was lol

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
The green make all the difference. Stark contrast between shit and gold!

I do like the new black jersey though. This is the first one since the rebrand I don't like.

I didn’t like the blackout neon alternates at all, but they are better than these RR.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
My thoughts are that it looks like dogshit. If they were forced into either white or black and it looked bad they might has well have just remixed the jerseys they came to Dallas with they could have made them look decent.

Last edited:

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I wasn't a big fan of the neon green jerseys but I could understand why people could like it. I honestly don't know how people can like these... it's like the computer broke down half way through designing it. They could have replaced the dark green on the originals with the new victory green, replace the logos (or not), and they would have had a big seller.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I may not be able to watch the games they play with those retros they look so bad and also extremely boring at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->