2020 off-season #1 thing you don't want to happen

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Signing Krug to option #4 is what I Don't Want To Happen.

1. Ideally: $6x4 yrs (good to very good value) (24m)

2. What I could live with: $6x5 yrs(avg. to decent value) (30m)

3. What he may be worth $6.5x5 yrs (below avg. to avg. value) (32.5m)
------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Mkt.worth + bidding war $7-8 x 6-7 yrs (the term bothers me more than the caphit, which is also too much $) (well below avg. to poor value) (42-56m)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
#1 I don't want the season canceled but if thats what it is to be safe than it is what it is
#2 I don't want to rush into a coaching change if Yzerman still doesn't think his guy is out there then Blash it is
#3 I don't want a marquee UFA signing with term for a player that is not core age. This team needs to be 25 and under and players above that age need to be on short temporary stay

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't want the league to retain its policy on the draft lottery. But if I'm limited to actions perpetrated by Detroit, then I don't want any desperate decisions. Stay the course, making sensible improvements where you can, but keep playing the long game.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
#1 on my list: some BS truncated season, ie 48 games, starting in mid-late Jan. They better squeeze out 60-70+ minimum, there's time to do it.

I read somewhere that the TV deals require 70gp...anyone else remember?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
This thread is negative. A better idea is what you WANT to happen...

Why is it negative? It's a simple question that is easily answered by what you feel would set the franchise back.

Plenty of threads in this forum focus on hypothetical perfect scenario situations. This is a thread that is based simply what you feel would be a mistake. Then discussion happening between individuals based on differences of opinion based on what is said here.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
drafting Askarov

there's other stuff I would hate as well of course but ultimately just about anything else realistic(so barring ridiculous completely off the wall stuff like not offering Mantha a contract and letting him walk)I could probably learn to live with eventually

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Considering we don't show any improvement, I don't want Blashill getting a contract extension.

Reactions: lilidk

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Title says it all. For me it's not signing Krug.

To be fair, I doubt its that you dont want to sign Krug, I have to imagine that your concern is us signing him to a huge deal. I'm sure if he signed for 3 years, 15 million you would be just fine with it. Obviously that wont happen, but my point is that the projected commitment is likely more so the issue)

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
To be fair, I doubt its that you dont want to sign Krug, I have to imagine that your concern is us signing him to a huge deal. I'm sure if he signed for 3 years, 15 million you would be just fine with it. Obviously that wont happen, but my point is that the projected commitment is likely more so the issue)

If it were 3x5 I wouldn't mind it. But how many UFA's on their last big deal go small term? Said situation isn't realistic to me. It would be a underpay and really short term. Though the question it does raise to a degree is with the cap frozen in place maybe it becomes common over the next 2-3 years for deal's to be adjusted in length taking that into account potentially.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I dont want to get ass f***ed by the NHL's joke of a draft lottery. Eat shit Bettman you tool.

Reactions: mantha39

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I dont want krug in a wings jersey

I dont want the wings to over think the draft and not draft raymond

I dont want to the wings to draft perfetti,rossi,drysdale

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
1. I dont want the season canceled

2. I dont want to see us use a top 4 rd draft pick to acquire any player over 24

3. I don't want to see us value character over skill and draft safe pick after pick

4. I dont want us to sign any UFA for more than 6.5m

5 I dont want to see us pass up opportunity to use our cap space to take advantage of cap strapped teams

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
If it were 3x5 I wouldn't mind it. But how many UFA's on their last big deal go small term? Said situation isn't realistic to me. It would be a underpay and really short term. Though the question it does raise to a degree is with the cap frozen in place maybe it becomes common over the next 2-3 years for deal's to be adjusted in length taking that into account potentially.

of course it’s unrealistic, my point was that your issue was more with the commitment that is likely tied to Krug opposed to him as a player.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
1. No hockey.
2. No improvement from last season.
3. No top 5 pick.
4. No more cap dumps.
5. Signing Holtby. Not a believer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad