GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy - October 9th NOON ET - NHLN, SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You know your GM is inept when a player says he will only play for you or a team that can't afford him and you still can't close the deal!

I wonder what it is? Do they not like him? Do they think they don't need him? Their left side is not great by any means. Get them to retain. Get them to take Moore. From the sounds of it he hasn't even made a real offer.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
You know your GM is inept when a player says he will only play for you or a team that can't afford him and you still can't close the deal!
They don’t think OEL is worth the money or prospects or picks. AZ wants Demko and another prospect from AZ . So if they asked for Studnicka or Beecher would you do it. Enough with the Moore, Bjork and a third rd pick. Arizona doesn’t trade him I’m sure he’ll be in love with another team by the TDL if he’s healthy and playing good. The bruins have depth at D they have zero on O. You know DK will get injured as well.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow I would have been very happy with Anderson here, but I was thinking he’d get a 2/3 year deal, maybe at 3.25 or so.

So happy the Habs are paying him that though.

Yeah for sure. I did something I very rarely do and popped over to the Habs board to see how their fans were taking this deal - safe to say the majority are not happy! And nor should they be. I actually understood the Anderson-Domi swap - risky but I could get the logic behind it - but the actual contract they've given Anderson is just insane. Crazy big money and term for someone with his history. Just maybe it pays off, but they've staked an awful lot on it doing so.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I think I'd kick tires on Toffoli if he does a 3 year deal. His lack of foot speed might actually be a good match for 1 year of Krech.

Always nervous entering the start of free agency and fearing they will do another Beleskey or Backes. Hoping for the best. Hoping for both trades and signings from the Bs tomorrow.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dadonov and Brodie would make me happy. It would be a hell of a lot better than they've done in the past and it might just be enough.

I would really like Dadonov. Brodie wouldn't be a bad either.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Certainly enough talent in the market this year - too bad UFAs always seem to be poor value over the lifetime of their deals.
Man do I love Z

Last edited:
Reactions: Number6

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah for sure. I did something I very rarely do and popped over to the Habs board to see how their fans were taking this deal - safe to say the majority are not happy! And nor should they be. I actually understood the Anderson-Domi swap - risky but I could get the logic behind it - but the actual contract they've given Anderson is just insane. Crazy big money and term for someone with his history. Just maybe it pays off, but they've staked an awful lot on it doing so.

Few people were as high on Anderson potentially coming here as me, but even to me, there is no world where he should get 8 million in a year, regardless of the actual cap hit.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Blue Jackets "Working Hardest to get Hall" (e3)

It remains to be seen if they can pull this off, or if this is Longer or Shorter Offer, or if Taylor Hall would go to Columbus short or longterm...As I was writing this I was sent a separate text saying "Jackets are maneuvering for Hall."
Source: Eklund
Discuss this Rumor
So he won't be going to CBJ then.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad