2020 NHL Draft: Top 70 Russian Prospects (pre-draft update added)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
As we all know, 5th round is where all the high-end guys start getting selected:

Galimov at 129th to Anaheim (!!!!)
Ovchinnikov at 137th to Toronto
Beryozkin at 138th to Edmonton

With that being said, I likely will miss all the remaining fun rounds, since it is already deep night here. See ya later.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
To quickly finish it without any much thoughts.

6th round:
Gordin to Montreal at 171st
Zlodeyev to Vancouver at 175th
Miftakhov to Tampa Bay at 186th

7th round:
Pashin to Carolina at 199th
Spitserov to San Jose at 210th
Marushev to Vegas at 215th

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Thoughts on Alexander Shaposhnikov (Krasnaya Armiya Moskva)? He caught my eye in today's game, and he wasn't drafted, but he seemed to read the game really well. Good skater too.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thoughts on Alexander Shaposhnikov (Krasnaya Armiya Moskva)? He caught my eye in today's game, and he wasn't drafted, but he seemed to read the game really well. Good skater too.

I remember him from the year before, but can't say he really caught my eye, although evaluating defenders playing only in the MHL is quite complicated to me.

Any thoughts on Daniil Chechelev? Was a very surprise pick for me as I haven’t seen his name much before the pick.

Yeah, a bit unexpected, as you can see he is also not in my list. But that doesn't mean he is somekind of an unknown guy, as actually back in the U17 days he was considered as a top goalie of the 2001 birth year, as he had the size, mobility and reflexes. Unfortunately in the later years the progress didn't go too good for some reason, that's why he has been off the radar recently, but the raw talents are still there.

Reactions: Flamesfan62

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
D Ilya Pastukhov

Late '01 from Novosibirsk who was not in the Central Scouting ranks and wasn't drafted - scored his first KHL goal this year but it's hard to find any information about him.

Have you seen him play?

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Ilya Ovchinnikov

Have read a lot about Dimitri Ovchinnikov but very little about Yekaterinburg's Ilya Ovchinnikov.

Are the two players related and is there anything to see in Ilya?

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
@Caser have you seen Yegor Chinakov play this season?

He does seem to play doing rather well despite his ice time being all over the player. What would be your projection for him once he makes the NHL? Top 6 guy? Any goal and assist projections (or just points) ?

Same question about Mukhamadullin

Thanks

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
D Ilya Pastukhov

Late '01 from Novosibirsk who was not in the Central Scouting ranks and wasn't drafted - scored his first KHL goal this year but it's hard to find any information about him.

Have you seen him play?

Seen - likely, as he played on the same team with Ovchinnikov and Yefremov, but since I didn't focus on him much, I don't really have an opinion about him.

Ilya Ovchinnikov

Have read a lot about Dimitri Ovchinnikov but very little about Yekaterinburg's Ilya Ovchinnikov.

Are the two players related and is there anything to see in Ilya?

Not related, Ilya is a very solid skater though.

@Caser have you seen Yegor Chinakov play this season?

He does seem to play doing rather well despite his ice time being all over the player. What would be your projection for him once he makes the NHL? Top 6 guy? Any goal and assist projections (or just points) ?

Same question about Mukhamadullin

Thanks

For Chinakhov it's a Top6 (although with the current system that most of teams use there's not much difference between the Top6 and Top9). Not a fan of predicting points, since that can be related to many factors, particularly linemates and for Chinakhov it's pretty obvious that to use his shot most effectively he needs someone, who can feed the puck.

I'd say Mukhamadullin got at least 2nd pairing upside, but maybe 1st pairing too, he has got a lot of raw potential, not so easy to estimate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad