2020 NHL Draft Prospects

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
This is creepy..
Boys at that age make huge steps. It's hard to choose

Though I will ''nominate'' Jaromir Pytlik. I think he is 2020 draft eligible. I saw some youtube video about him. But I nominate him purely because he is czech. (I don't know any prospects at that age)

Not really.
A friend of mine scouts bantams for junior teams and he's told me he can already identify potential at that age.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Not really.
A friend of mine scouts bantams for junior teams and he's told me he can already identify potential at that age.

Sure, but there's many cases of players drafted high in junior that don't pan out in top level junior.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=423667
This guy is putting some serious numbers, 14 years old playing in U18 league, he should get some attention.

Question is, if he still plays Defense. And i would be patient with Slovak U18 league. There was a guy, named Patrik Koys, that had also pretty good numbers in this league as very young boy. I will not say, he isnt a good player. But he never translated it to NHL draft, to QMJHL and junior national teams.
But he is only 20. In a few years, he could be very productive guy.

JA

Maxim Bure hasn't quite turned into a noteworthy prospect, nor has his older brother Lev. The boys seem to live a bit of a Hollywood lifestyle with their parents.

The Bure hockey legacy rests with Pavel Bure Jr.

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-with-wife-alina-and-FDCWAY.jpg

moscow-russia-30th-jan-2016-russias-pavel-bure-poses-with-the-trophy-FDCTPH.jpg

Eligible for the 2031 NHL Draft.

This was posted on Pavel's Instagram page seven weeks ago, on August 26, 2016.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJlIfgpg8y3/?taken-by=pavelbureofficial

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJksuSZgWW-/

14026742_156707501435739_800161193_n.jpg

With so many second-generation players being drafted into the NHL, you never know. This is Pavel Jr. training with his father at the age of 3 years, 4 months, 2 days.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/the-russian-rocket-jr/c-747868
The Russian Rocket, Jr
by Staff Writer / Vancouver Canucks
January 9th, 2015

On April 24, 2013, Bure became a father as he and wife Alina welcomed Pavel junior into the world; the nine pound, 14 ounce baby/toddler has rarely been seen by the public, let alone discussed by Pavel, prior to this exclusive interview.

Like every new parent, responsibilities changed for Bure upon becoming a father and he’s more than embraced the role, despite having not changed much himself.

“Pasha is an extraordinary dad,” said Pavel’s mother, Tatiana. “I do not even think he would be like that. He puts son to sleep, walking, doing everything.

“Son is very similar to his father,” she added. “His character is the same as Pavel's.”

Early indications are Pavel junior’s athletic prowess will follow the family bloodline as well.

Pavel never excelled in the water like his father, but perhaps that talent simply skipped a generation.

“He’s only a year and eight months old and he’s already very engaged in swimming,” revealed Pavel. “This is the most rewarding sport; I cannot say he will go on to play hockey, the main thing is that he grows up healthy.”

That being said, Pavel already has his son on the ice and the toddler was swinging an adult stick with ease. Showing young Pavel photos of himself playing hockey was one of the only things that settled the spirited rascal during this interview, conducted at Bure’s home in Moscow.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Could you guys please go to discuss about Pavel junior to 2031 NHL prospect thread :D

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I'd like too see who some of the early top prospects are for 2020. Anyone have a top 10 or anything

RedWingsAllTheWay

Aug 25, 2016
Byron Center
Was able to watch Culver Academy u16 and they have one 2002 named Patrick Schmiedlin. He looked very good. Played smart, good size, and he's a good skater. Ive only had one viewing but he really impressed me because he was sometimes the best player on the ice while playing up. As far as I know he played for Chicago Fury Bantam Minor last year. Has anyone seen more of him?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Any highly touted Finnish prospects in this draft-class or is Ruben Rafkin only?
And how about Anton Lundell a son of HIFK's goalie coach and former FEL and SHL goalie Jan Lundell

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This was posted on Pavel's Instagram page seven weeks ago, on August 26, 2016.

With so many second-generation players being drafted into the NHL, you never know. This is Pavel Jr. training with his father at the age of 3 years, 4 months, 2 days.

Lol this is hilarious, Pavel's son isn't even 4 yet :laugh:. It's Valeri's son that is being talked about for 2020, I'm not sure if you're mixed up or if this is the first player mentioned for the 2030 draft.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He's talented, but he also plays on the top line of a team that averages 7 goals scored per game. Some really weak teams in J18 Norra.

While you are probably right, and I agree that is mostly when they hit J18 allsvenskan and superelit, it starts to become really intresting. But when it comes to weak team, but isnt that the case every year in J18 elit that it is a mixed bag? Either way, a player to keep a eye on.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
It's a long time from now but some of the top players from Western Canada for the 2020 draft are:

Connor McClennon
Justin Sourdif
Kaiden Guhle
Kyle Crnkovic
Ethan Bowen
Cole Shepard
Luke Prokop
Cole Dubinsky
Tanner Brown
Logan Dowhaniuk
Michael Benning

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Noel Gunler 23p in 11games in J18 elit, best PPG for a player at that age in J18 elit ever from what i can see, no matter how you look at it, year or draft.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=393444

Another Swede is Alexander Holtz ('02) who in two World Selects tournaments has 33 points in 17 games. 7 goals in 6 games so far in J18 Elit (Stockholm region). From what I've seen (one full game on Youtube) he is really skilled, has a good shot and is not afraid to use his body. However, that's against his peers and it's way too early to draw any conclusions. I have to admit, it feels a bit uncomfortable posting in this thread :laugh: It will be interesting to see how he does in a year or two.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
I haven't seen him play yet, but Theo Rochette from HC Lausanne is already the 1st Line C of his homeclub's weak U17 team. So far he's got 8 points through 10 games. And when you compare his stats from the last 3 years with what guys like Hischier, Malgin, Ehlers or Fiala were capable of same age, same stage, he doesn't have to hide.

It's still very early, but at least promising.
Chances are that he will get a call for the struggling swiss U16 NT, and get some international exposure.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I haven't seen him play yet, but Theo Rochette from HC Lausanne is already the 1st Line C of his homeclub's weak U17 team. So far he's got 8 points through 10 games. And when you compare his stats from the last 3 years with what guys like Hischier, Malgin, Ehlers or Fiala were capable of same age, same stage, he doesn't have to hide.

It's still very early, but at least promising.
Chances are that he will get a call for the struggling swiss U16 NT, and get some international exposure.
I don't know the exact number but there are a few kids in the same league in his age bracket outperforming him, Nino Russo and Marco Rossi at least. What's Rochette got going for him, speed, strength, size, vision? His numbers don't really stack with Malgin and Ehlers and Hischier only played 2 games at that level that season because he came from a small club and needed a loan clause. Russo or Rossi is a more likely pick for the next Malgin I'd say...

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
I don't know the exact number but there are a few kids in the same league in his age bracket outperforming him, Nino Russo and Marco Rossi at least. What's Rochette got going for him, speed, strength, size, vision? His numbers don't really stack with Malgin and Ehlers and Hischier only played 2 games at that level that season because he came from a small club and needed a loan clause. Russo or Rossi is a more likely pick for the next Malgin I'd say...

I heard good things about Rochette and was adviced to keep an eye on him. So I looked up his stats and compared them. That's all.

Rossi was already mentioned in here. Rochette is a double underager at u17 level. I know, it's only 5 months that separates them. He played 10 games last year in the u17 league, more then any of the aforementioned draft picks. Even if Lausanne promotes players quicker than e.g. Zürich, it's still in the records.

But as I've written I have both not seen play yet.

U 15 (Mini Top) Regular Season 15/16:
Rochette had 96 points in 29 Games

In 14/15: Rossi 39 P in 15 GP
Russo 9P in 31GP

12/13: Hischier 81P in 27 GP

10/11: Malgin 51P in 21GP

9/10: Ehlers 62 P in 25 GP
Meier played a lower league
Fiala 113P in 27 GP

Looks comparable to me statwise. Let's see what he brings to the table when he playes his first international tournaments next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad