Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft - 75th Overall - Jean-Luc Foudy - C

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
The younger brother of Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Liam Foudy, Jean-Luc Foudy was the 10th overall pick in the 2018 OHL Draft. Last season, he put up eight goals and 41 assists for 49 points in 63 games. He led all OHL Rookies in assists. Foudy added one assist in four playoff games. He represented Team Canada Black at the U-17 WHC putting up a goal and three assists for four points in five tournament games.

This season, Foudy put up one goal and three assists for four points in five tournament games in winning a silver medal with Team Canada at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. Back with the Windsor Spitfires, Foudy put up 15 goals and 28 assists for 43 points in 59 games. Foudy had 27 points in the first 30 games of the season but seemed to slow down in the second half of the season. He also played for Team Red at the CHL Top Prospects Game. Foudy comes from athletic bloodlines. In addition to his brother, his father was a CFL player and Grey Cup Champion, and his mother was won a silver medal in the 4×100 metre relay at the 1984 Olympics.

Jean-Luc Foudy Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #53

Reactions: klozge and shadow1

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Seems like a great athlete, and there seems to be some hype with this pick.

Hopefully the Avalanche can finally develop a non-1st rounder into an NHL player for the first time since Calvin Pickard (2010).

Reactions: Perratrooper

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If he’s truly a top-3, to top-5 skater in this draft I really don’t care about the other aspects of his game.

If you can get that level of skating in the 3rd round, you do it. Maybe you can develop some other areas of his game, maybe you can’t. It’s definitely worth gambling on that rare of a trait at that point in the draft. Particularly when it fits your identity as a team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really like this pick for you guys.

Foudy is one of my favorite players in the draft. World class skater, and thats not an exaggeration. He was the best skater in this draft. And he's an above-average playmaking/puck skills guy, as well. He had an unfortunate season. Didn't click with linemates, teammates didn't finish chances, had some injuries, couldn't get in a rhythm, and the coaching wasn't great. I wouldn't totally ignore his bad season, and he needs to simplify things with the puck, but I think he has real star upside. Getting him in the third round is a joke.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Surprised to be available, forecasted as 2nd round pick. Excellent skating that fits the character of the team. Project, might be 2-3 years away before we know if the potential. Great pick.

Reactions: MarkT

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'm so glad that Sakic is prioritizing skating ability as that is the Avs core identity.

EDIT: Saw some highlights of him. He must have grown because he does not look like he's 6'0".

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I've learned to take everything AJ says about actual game play and completely disregard it.
I thought that guy knew what he was talking about when I first started listening to him, but after little while....nope he really doesn't. He's just a immature homer. Avs really could use couple of good reporters to cover the team

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
When was Jost ever fast? His skating wasn’t considered an asset when he was drafted. He was supposed to be a mini Jonathan Toews. Which, obviously hasn’t come close to coming true. :laugh:

That's not true... Button was the only major guy that had issues with his skating. All the others like Wheeler, Pronman, THW, etc all had him as a great skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad