Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs' salary overview further to Allen trade:

3qnKRD5.jpg

Reactions: Holystik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm hoping we sign Dadonov. Give KK/Suzuki some good wingers instead of Lehkonen and Armia. I don't think he will be that expensive either.

5'11, 31 years old, not sure this is what MB will be looking for. MB is against bringing in contracts that might become deadweight and or mean sacrificing other players when everyone needs to be re-signed and/or get a raise.

I could see Kovalchuk on a 1 year deal and Domi for a winger with a good contract situation.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
5'11, 31 years old, not sure this is what MB will be looking for. MB is against bringing in contracts that might become deadweight and or mean sacrificing other players when everyone needs to be re-signed and/or get a raise.

I could see Kovalchuk on a 1 year deal and Domi for a winger with a good contract situation.
He's also talented and can score goals. Something only 2 wingers on this team can do.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dadonov would be great actually. He’s kind of flying under the radar but has 182 points the last three seasons.

him and Granlund (who is a bit younger @ 27, plus the finnish national team aspect which could be of benefit with providing JKO skilled complement) are two fits that could be great additions provided at least 1 of Domi/Tatar/Byron get moved and we add a top-6 or top-9 forward with some size/grit to better balance the lines

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Si tu veux Grandlund sort Tatar de ta formation car les 2 sont mous le long des bandes en séries. Autant mieux payer moins cher pour Erik Haula à place !

well, that's what i said... move one of tatar/byron/domi.

Granlund is great in international play, so i don't buy that he can't elevate when the stakes are high or the games get intense... but he definitely needs to play supported by some guys that can take on some of the physicality (which, i think over time, JKO will prove to do at C for us).

Haula is an interesting target as well

Reactions: Habitant le colon

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If not Dadonov, then Toffoli. Kovalchuk should be plan Z, I doubt many if any other teams in the league want him.

Jul 6, 2016

Not so sure about Kovalchuk anymore, but Domi for Ehlers or Mantha could be done.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
L'avantage avec Haula c'est qu'il te donnera plus que Granlund avec un salaire moindre et un âge comparable au groupe d'hockeyeur du ch

Haula and Granlund are only 1-year apart age wise...

and while Haula's 2-way game and grit are nice, let's not get crazy here... at 6' <200pds, it's not like he really addresses our size and toughness issues at W.

Granlund, on the other hand, definitely doesn't improve that, but he's an immediate talent updgrade for our top-6 and the Finnish connection + Skill complement is an potential major positive aspect for JKO's developpment (especially as an assertive offensive player) that shouldnt be ignored

I wouldn't pay a massive premium for Granlund, but given the market, his recent struggle in Nashville and possibly the allure of the finnish factor (lek/armia/jko) i wouldn't be surprised if we could get him signed for a 2-3 year deal at a cap hit that would be very beneficial to us.

Haula, on the other hand, could very well end up being the kind of UFA that gets paid a premium he struggles to match for what he actually contributes...

we'll see

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Haula aura dans les 4 millions Grandlund 6-7 .... avec l'ajout récent de Allen va falloir jouer de finisse sur nos finances !

Granlund between 6 and 7 millions? lol. You're out of your mind. A comparable would be Nyquist and even then. Nyquist has had a more consistent career.

Granlund is likely getting between 4.5 and 5.5 on a 3 years deal.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The priority should be signing 2 wingers. We have cap space and next summer, we can rid of tatar. So thats a good thing. Th first one would be Taylor Hall. Tyler toffoli. He brings size and brought 10 pts in 10 game sin vancouver this season. Mike hoffman and Dadonov.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not so sure about Kovalchuk anymore, but Domi for Ehlers or Mantha could be done.

It works for us. We would have to add a lot to get Mantha. He's highly valued in Detroit. We'd have to add to Domi also to get Ehlers. The question is how much. In theory, only KK, Suzuki, and probably Romanov and Caufield are off the table as far as adding to Domi is concerned.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If this is correct, we have this much available on the cap further to the Allen trade (minus new contracts for RFAs), but plus whatever savings can be had by having Alzner in Laval:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Potential forward UFAs to replace Domi if he's traded:

Toffoli - there were rumors we were after him several times in past years. He provides some scoring touch and is a right handed shot which is a plus.

Dadonov - he's smart and skilled. If he can be signed to a reasonable term it could be a good move. Would help on the powerplay.

Granlund - potentially sneaky good acquisition. He was arguably a first line-calibre player in Minnesota, he's still in his 20's and could mesh up well with our Finns. The cost might be reduced due to his recent struggles. The problem is that he's another small, playmaking winger.

Fast - a right handed two-way player to build up depth if we miss out on other targets. Although I expect the Rangers to re-sign him.

Last edited:
Reactions: L4br3cqu3

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
A scoring winger with size folks..............it really needs to happen!!! 2 would be amazing, but we really need at least one added to the current group!!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hall/Toffoli/Dadonov/Hoffman or we need a trade.

We need at least a 2RW. If we can upgrade top6 LW Tatar/Drouin, we should look at it too.

With our current team setup, I don't see where Domi fits (especially at 4 million+) so I'm hoping for a trade.

Reactions: Gael

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
If this is correct, we have this much available on the cap further to the Allen trade (minus new contracts for RFAs), but plus whatever savings can be had by having Alzner in Laval:

So Alzner will be in the AHL barring a miracle. How much more (than the 12.938 million) would we have available in cap space if he's in Laval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad