2. Gabriel Vilardi, F - 85.9%
3. Alex Turcotte, F - 90.2%
4. Tobias Bjornfot, D - 44.6%
5. Arthur Kaliyev, F - 76.6%
6. Samuel Fagemo, F - 54.8%
7. Mikey Anderson, D - 51.0%
8. Tyler Madden, F - 51.1%

+ Kasper Simontaival

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons (making Cal Petersen, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, and Matt Roy exempt)

We'll do this for as long as you all want, either you want to stop or we run out of options.

I sometimes get busy with work and other projects, so if someone else wants to take reigns/take over, feel free to! I'm setting the poll at 1 day. Please say if this is too short for a poll.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next! Below are the list of eligible players.

Daniel Brickley
Martin Chromiak
Alexander Dergachyov
Braden Doyle
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Mikey Eyssimont
David Hrenak
Bokondji Imama
Jacob Ingham
Aatu Jamsen
Alex Laferriere
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Jacob Moverare
Lukas Parik
Markus Phillips
Drake Rymsha
Bulat Shafigullin
Johan Sodergran
Austin Strand
Matthew Villalta

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I can already tell Cole Hults is gonna go way too late. Underrated. Our next Martinez with more toughness...
I’d have him at #13 after Kupari, Anderson Dolan, Thomas, and barely Clague. People will probably incorrectly put Faber and Grans ahead of him..

Reactions: Ghetty Green

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I like JAD here but I think Grans has a ton of upside. Watching film of him reminds me of Ristolainen. His defensive game is horrible and he really struggles to pivot from forwards to backwards which is concerning. JAD for this slot because he didn’t look out of place in the NHL. Add Andre Lee...

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Oh boy this gets tough. I said Kupari in the last thread would be after Madden and I voted for him now, but seeing that group of Grans, Akil, JAD, Kupari and Clague I can make a case for all those players being in the top 10.

Add Dudas

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like JAD here but I think Grans has a ton of upside. Watching film of him reminds me of Ristolainen. His defensive game is horrible and he really struggles to pivot from forwards to backwards which is concerning. JAD for this slot because he didn’t look out of place in the NHL. Add Andre Lee...

He doesn't fly like Risto though, hence why people use the Franson comparison (which I think sounds more negative than intended). But we haven't had a whole lot of high end OFD so if he can give us a PP QB and play Voynov minutes he's a home run.

Reactions: bland

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I can’t believe our 10th-best prospect is potentially our recently-drafted, highly-touted 35th overall pick.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
What almost gives me chills...the Yanetti quote after the draft
“I’m not going to lie, the results of this draft were exceptional”
Why? Because last year, I am still in awe of the top 4: Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kaliyev and Fagemo...as well as Park, Spence, Nousiainen.
And...he did not spout off that type of quote after last years draft.

To me, he’s even more pumped about this one...meaning there’s
Something I don’t know about the potential of Grans, Faber, Simontaival
And others, including Lias Andersson. I was watching the WJC video
Highlights of Lias Andersson and HOLY SMOKES. Amazing hands and finish.
Always around the net. I had no idea he had that level of talent.
There’s a reason also that Futa said he’s an absolute steal and Nasty
Or some such.

Someone (Wheeler or Pronman) said Simontaival has one of thee
Best shots in the draft...like top 3.

(I hate auto CAPS for first letter in a sentence...typing from iPad,
How do you turn that off and WHY is that the default? It should not
Even be a frigging option!! Has anyone ever clamored for “I wish every first letter in a sentence be capitalized” said no one ever. WTAF? )

Last edited:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I'm probably the only one but I think JAD is ready to break through.
I agree completely. I just rank him lower than others due to his upside and the role he will fill. I thinks he slots in at 4c now and ends up a guy that is used on the pk and can fill in at 3c when there are injuries.

Akil Thomas is similar as I think his upside is 3 RW and his floor is a 4 RW. I rank them lower than the players above as they have a higher upside but I think both JAD and Thomas are a lock to be NHL role players, whereas some above them may bust.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I agree completely. I just rank him lower than others due to his upside and the role he will fill. I thinks he slots in at 4c now and ends up a guy that is used on the pk and can fill in at 3c when there are injuries.

Akil Thomas is similar as I think his upside is 3 RW and his floor is a 4 RW. I rank them lower than the players above as they have a higher upside but I think both JAD and Thomas are a lock to be NHL role players, whereas some above them may bust.

Thanks, I certainly respect that evaluation.
I give more emphasis than most other that I've observed, my own personal preference, that anyone who is looking like an NHL player will be rated higher than someone who is at least an AHL year or more away, and especially so if they look like a quality version of that role/position. To apply this to JAD, we agree on his floor/ceiling range. But since he's paid his dues, looked good in some of his NHL stints, I start to count him as a NHL asset (like if another team wanted to trade for him, he's now worth at least a high 2nd rounder/late 1st...you'd be happy to find a player like him with a pick like that in a normal draft.

Akil Thomas, I won't say much on...I personally haven't seen enough to say I know him. I have his WJC performance in my head but that's only one highlight slice of his career.

I was hoping though that one of these two guys (as the leading candidates, or even someone lower on the list like Dudas) were leading candidates to become a Jarret Stoll for us, but with 20-25 goals along with being a tenacious 2-way center with faceoff capability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad