1. Quinton Byfield, F - 87.1%
2. Gabriel Vilardi, F - 85.9%
3. Alex Turcotte, F - 90.2%
4. Tobias Bjornfot, D - 44.6%
5. Arthur Kaliyev, F - 76.6%
6. Samuel Fagemo, F - 54.8%
7. Mikey Anderson, D - 51.0%

+ Cole Hults

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons (making Cal Petersen, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, and Matt Roy exempt)

We'll do this for as long as you all want, either you want to stop or we run out of options.

I sometimes get busy with work and other projects, so if someone else wants to take reigns/take over, feel free to! I'm setting the poll at 1 day. Please say if this is too short for a poll.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next! Below are the list of eligible players.

Daniel Brickley
Martin Chromiak
Alexander Dergachyov
Braden Doyle
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Mikey Eyssimont
David Hrenak
Bokondji Imama
Jacob Ingham
Aatu Jamsen
Alex Laferriere
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Jacob Moverare
Lukas Parik
Markus Phillips
Drake Rymsha
Bulat Shafigullin
Kasper Simontaival
Johan Sodergran
Austin Strand
Matthew Villalta

Reactions: kilowatt

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Madden is being Smooth Criminally underrated here

Add: Buddy The Elf

I think the issue is the depth of the organization, less so than him being underrated (same thing with Anderson).

He's No. 7 on my list, and that's mostly because I really don't feel right pushing anyone else below him. The other part is he hasn't played a competitive/league game since he's recovered from injury. My list (up to 7):
Byfield
Vilardi
Turcotte
Bjornfot
Anderson
Kaliyev
Madden

And even with that, there are cases to be made for several prospects, too.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I think we as King fans have swung to the other side of the under/over rated prospect view on Kupari. Early on overrating him. But now with our riches, even with the injury, he's like the forgotten prospect by King fans. I think i've sung the other way (hmmm, that sounded better in my mind than it does now written out) and think he might be the one guy overlooked and who blows past our expectations NHL performance wise.

So i voted Kupari. But i really, really like those Madden highlights

killermiller

Kings Fan
Feb 7, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Crazy that a couple years ago Kupari was our #2 prospect, now he's probably our #9 guy. They've done a great job drafting/ trading for picks (and Tyler Madden).

Have so much to look forward to these next couple of years, good time to be a Kings fan

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Madden right now. I do think we underrate him, but almost all of us are just not familiar with him which is why I'm fine with having him where he is right now. Kupari also had a very unfortunate injury last year that has made him slip, but he's also very fortunate that he's now been given ample amounts of time to recover.

Add Dudas

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Clague, JAD, Thomas, Madden, Kupari all very close. Maybe Grans and Faber too.
Tough to choose but going with Kupari for possibly having the highest ceiling.

Add Ingham (need a goalie to choose from)

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m going with Kupari, in part because I’m more familiar with him than Madden. Madden is next on my list, then Thomas and then JAD. Weirdly though I think Thomas and JAD have a better chance of being regulars in the lineup but more as role guys with some of the players above them in the rankings eventually being moved. I have JAD pencilled in from next season.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Madden again, add Simontaival again.
484ffd2d6b88c9d3efe38d966c5b72d4.gif

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Crazy that a couple years ago Kupari was our #2 prospect, now he's probably our #9 guy. They've done a great job drafting/ trading for picks (and Tyler Madden).

Have so much to look forward to these next couple of years, good time to be a Kings fan

I barely have Kupari in the top 15.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
To those hemming and hawing over Kupari vs. Madden, it comes down to hockey sense for me. Granted, I've only watch a handful of games they've each played in, but I see Madden as a player who uses the ice just as well north-south as he does east-west. Kupari seems more to me like a player who is more predictably north-south in his attack style.

That's why I chose Madden, but I do like Kupari. I prefer both of them to Anderson; I think he went higher than them because of his position, frankly.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I barely have Kupari in the top 15.

I'll probably post my list more as we get there (or more). I'm trying to minimize posting because while I'm making these polls, I don't want anyone to think I'm subconsciously trying to influence them. But I think you and I are on the same page with a lot of our rankings - if not exact, in general.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am going to go with Anderson-Dolan here simply because he looks like an NHL player in the making.

Add Dudas.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I am going to go with Anderson-Dolan here simply because he looks like an NHL player in the making.

Add Dudas.

I agree and from my limited viewing and reading of the names on this list, Thomas is probably in that group of “safe”. I’ve never been that high on Clague or Kupari...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad