Prospect Info: 2020 Los Angeles Kings Prospect Rankings #4

Who is the Kings #4 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bjornfot coming into the AHL at 18 years old, 2 years + younger than almost every player in the AHL and having a rock solid season with 19 pts in 44 games and a +13 rating shows me just how criminally underrated this player is on this board.

Is he? it's nearly a split vote and he could win our #4 prospect. I'm not sure that's underrating him at all. I don't think anyone in the world would pick him over Byfield. You COULD pick him over Turcotte but that would be extremely high on TB and extremely low on Turcotte. And I wouldn't begrudge putting him over Vilardi for injury history. But it's not like he's dropping out of the top 5 here.

I only flipped a coin and took Kaliyev because I think he could pot 40+ goals if he hits, but Bjornfot is a likely 2-3 dman for the next 15-20 years.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If Kings staff feel Bjornfot was worth the 21 pick over Kaliyev then we shouldn't underestimate that. Kaliyev has the biggest bust potential from all our top picks. Making the NHL is still not a sure thing with him. Potential 40G scorer is if every step he takes goes right.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
If Kings staff feel Bjornfot was worth the 21 pick over Kaliyev then we shouldn't underestimate that. Kaliyev has the biggest bust potential from all our top picks. Making the NHL is still not a sure thing with him. Potential 40G scorer is if every step he takes goes right.

I don't think it's fair to say they thought Bjornfot was worth the 21st over Kaliyev as if Bjornfot has more value than Kaliyev; Yannetti made pretty clear in interviews that picking Bjornfot was a calculated gamble because of the way defensemen were coming off the board. They felt one of the few forwards they wanted would still be on the board early in the second round. It wasn't a this-guy-is-worth-more-than-that-guy thing; it was a case of reading the room and making a bet.

Reactions: dick341 and Token

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Is he? it's nearly a split vote and he could win our #4 prospect. I'm not sure that's underrating him at all. I don't think anyone in the world would pick him over Byfield. You COULD pick him over Turcotte but that would be extremely high on TB and extremely low on Turcotte. And I wouldn't begrudge putting him over Vilardi for injury history. But it's not like he's dropping out of the top 5 here.

I only flipped a coin and took Kaliyev because I think he could pot 40+ goals if he hits, but Bjornfot is a likely 2-3 dman for the next 15-20 years.

I'm Bjornfot's campaign manager. Seems he made an epic comeback after my post. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad