11. Akil Thomas, F - 45.6%
12. Kale Clague, D - 40.8%
13. Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F - 54.2%
14. Brock Faber, D - 46.8%
15. Kim Nousiainen, D - 30.4%
16. Cole Hults, D - 41.1%
17. Jordan Spence, D - 44.9%

+ Bulat Shafigullin

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons (making Cal Petersen, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, and Matt Roy exempt)

We'll do this for as long as you all want, either you want to stop or we run out of options.

I sometimes get busy with work and other projects, so if someone else wants to take reigns/take over, feel free to! I'm setting the poll at 1 day. Please say if this is too short for a poll.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next! Below are the list of eligible players.

Daniel Brickley
Alexander Dergachyov
Braden Doyle
Mikey Eyssimont
David Hrenak
Bokondji Imama
Aatu Jamsen
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Markus Phillips
Drake Rymsha
Johan Sodergran
Austin Strand
Matthew Villalta

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Simontaival, but I’m running out of knowledge on which players to add.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone please quote this tweet in a couple years about Simontaival. Either im a fool or im a smart fool.... He has no business being this low.

I'd have him in the top-10 if I were sure he could translate his skills out of that league.

I can't personally have him as a 'better prospect' than Thomas or JAD until he shows me a little bit more. Had they all been drafted at the same time, probably, he's definitely more raw offensively skilled.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Someone please quote this tweet in a couple years about Simontaival. Either im a fool or im a smart fool.... He has no business being this low.

I agree, but to be fair, he's essentially behind a bunch of players picked in the 1st or 2nd rounds along with a few who appear to be significantly outperforming their draft slot as close to NHL-ready players. I'm sure he'll climb the ranking in time, but as of right now there's only ~2 players I'd consider swapping him for.

+ Jamsen

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Now it gets to the spots where there's a drop off and everyone is kind of near each other. And it gets tough to rank the goalies in this list as well. I said Dudas, but I could also put Parik here

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dudas is already a couple of spots too low.

I actually think this is the year Dudas is the 'camp surprise' and forces his way onto the roster.

But like above, I'm not personally convinced that makes him a 'better' prospect than others in his tier (i.e. is a bottom sixer better than a top-four d?). But he's absolutely got a case for +/- a few spots.

And, just like the echo from the other prospect polls--no one deserves to be this low, we're just that deep.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Durzi isn't even going to crack our top 20. He'd probably be top 10 in most teams' rankings. Or am I overrating him?

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Durzi isn't even going to crack our top 20. He'd probably be top 10 in most teams' rankings. Or am I overrating him?
We are overrating 90% of these prospects, imo. The chance of more than 4/10 making the NHL, and being average to slightly above,probably not high. I hope I'm wrong though lol. All these kids look decent against the level of competition they're playing.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I actually think this is the year Dudas is the 'camp surprise' and forces his way onto the roster.

But like above, I'm not personally convinced that makes him a 'better' prospect than others in his tier (i.e. is a bottom sixer better than a top-four d?). But he's absolutely got a case for +/- a few spots.

And, just like the echo from the other prospect polls--no one deserves to be this low, we're just that deep.

I petsonally think the Kings reasonably have 15 skaters who have a really good chance at making it to the NHL, and Dudas is definitely one of them. Hults, Clague and Kupari are at the tail end of that group of 15. Nousalainen, Moverare, both are just outside for me.

I also think Simontaival and Chromiak are long shots whose concerns currently outweigh the quality of their strengths.

Strand, Durzi, Brickley, those ships have sailed. I don't rate goaltending prospects, as on-ice play at such a young age isn't indicative of anything. You can't fairly judge perseverance and mental strength from catching a few games here and there, and those really are the defining characteristics of goalies who make it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad