4. Tobias Bjornfot, D - 44.6%
5. Arthur Kaliyev, F - 76.6%
6. Samuel Fagemo, F - 54.8%
7. Mikey Anderson, D - 51.0%
8. Tyler Madden, F - 51.1%
9. Rasmus Kupari, F - 55.2%
10. Helge Grans, D - 43.9%

+ Jacob Ingham

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons (making Cal Petersen, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, and Matt Roy exempt)

We'll do this for as long as you all want, either you want to stop or we run out of options.

I sometimes get busy with work and other projects, so if someone else wants to take reigns/take over, feel free to! I'm setting the poll at 1 day. Please say if this is too short for a poll.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next! Below are the list of eligible players.

Daniel Brickley
Martin Chromiak
Alexander Dergachyov
Braden Doyle
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Mikey Eyssimont
David Hrenak
Bokondji Imama
Aatu Jamsen
Alex Laferriere
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Lukas Parik
Markus Phillips
Drake Rymsha
Bulat Shafigullin
Johan Sodergran
Austin Strand
Matthew Villalta

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thomas , add King'sPawn

E4wY9UY3b9HRrPfH8

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I went with Akil Thomas. I think he is as likely as any of our prospects to make the Kings. It was a tough choice between Thomas, Anderson-Dolan, Clague, and Faber though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Went JAD here but what a tough tier. Could easily be convinced of 5-6 guys. I just think he's got a higher ceiling than we're giving him credit for, think of the career Pageau has carved out.

Add Laferriere

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I pretty much have JAD, Clague, and Thomas all on the same level. Went with JAD, but those should be the next three.

Add Laferriere

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
This is the most interesting round of the polls so far. I actually have Hults here. I feel being at penn state with little coverage he has become underrated.

Parik > Ingham

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Interesting, that it’s a 3 way battle of past #2 picks....and yet, last years 2 number 2’s, Kaliyev and Fagemo, have passed them all on the rankings...and now Grans has as well in this poll.

However, the 3 combatants here all merit consideration and any 3 of them Can surpass any of the other 3 2nd rounders, ahead in this poll. A few times last year, Clague impressed me, cutting into the O zone with Tremendous speed and poise. I know he needs D zone work and has made strides. I cannot count him out.

JAD has intensity, good skills and is pretty resilient. Most all Kings that
Have made it, usually double their offensive numbers in their 2nd year in the AHL and he may well...or make the Kings. This is a pivotal year for him.

Akil Thomas - you want to know what his game is and if it translates to NHL...and a year ago, wondered about his strength...then he goes out and puts on 20 pounds of muscle. I know some in scouting circles think he’s going to be very good...and maybe his close relationship with Byfield, helps him elevate his game more. I think of the 3 of these, I must go with Akil, but could pick any of these 3, or even Hults.

Akil Thomas

Add Parik

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Interesting, that it’s a 3 way battle of past #2 picks....and yet, last years 2 number 2’s, Kaliyev and Fagemo, have passed them all on the rankings...and now Grans has, as well in this poll.

However, the 3 combatants here all merit consideration and any 3 of them
Can surpass any of the other 3 2nd rounders, ahead in this poll. A few times last year, Clague impressed me, cutting into the O zone with Tremendous speed and poise. I know he needs D zone work and has made strides. I cannot count him out.

Have made it, usually double their offensive numbers in their 2nd year in the AHL and he may well...or make the Kings.

Akil Thomas - you want to know what his game is and if it translates to NHL...and a year ago, wondered about his strength...then he goes out and puts on 20 pounds of muscle. I know some in scouting circles think he’s going to be very good...and maybe his close relationship with Byfield, helps him elevate his game more. I think of the 3 of these, I must go with Akil, but could pick any of these 3, or even Hults.

Akil Thomas

Add Parik

It is interesting, but I think it makes sense in terms of potential. Thomas and Anderson-Dolan are on the character side of the coin, while guys like Kaliyev, Fagemo, and Grans are on the offensive potential side. If I was choosing players most likely to play for the Kings, Anderson-Dolan is probably second or third on my list. But I'm choosing players based purely on potential, so some of the Stoll/Lewis/Clifford types that will likely have long, fruitful NHL careers are being overlooked.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Recency bias.

Especially with Fagemo, who’s numbers actually got worse last season, but nobody noticed cause he wasn’t a King when he put up better numbers.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Voted Nousiainen, he’s doing well in the men’s Finish league for an 18 and now 19 year old Dman.

Also feel Anderson-Dolan and Thomas are a little overrated on these boards.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Recency bias.

Especially with Fagemo, who’s numbers actually got worse last season, but nobody noticed cause he wasn’t a King when he put up better numbers.

Most of these guys have literally like a year and a half to go off since draft day. It's not like there's giant gaps in memory.

I'm only a little bit annoyed with the overrated/underrated thing because it's plain as day to me that these guys are in pretty clear tiers and people are mostly throwing those terms out over splitting hairs over 1-2 spots in the rankings, but accusing the forum in general of recency bias and not paying attention to our top prospects is kind of insulting.

Re: Fagemo he lost one whole goal and two whole assists from the previous season, big whoop. He was highly regarded before this year too and didn't do anything to tarnish that and absolutely murdered his peers in international competition in a way he didn't in previous years. He went from 2 goals and 4 points in 15 international games to 23 goals and 36 points in 23 international games. So, he scored almost exactly the same in the SHL while still showing off the motor and creating highlights, but increased his international PPG from 0.27 to friggin 1.57. Where should he be ranked in your eyes that we're all getting it so terribly wrong?

Reactions: Rooks

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Most of these guys have literally like a year and a half to go off since draft day. It's not like there's giant gaps in memory.

I'm only a little bit annoyed with the overrated/underrated thing because it's plain as day to me that these guys are in pretty clear tiers and people are mostly throwing those terms out over splitting hairs over 1-2 spots in the rankings, but accusing the forum in general of recency bias and not paying attention to our top prospects is kind of insulting.

Re: Fagemo he lost one whole goal and two whole assists from the previous season, big whoop. He was highly regarded before this year too and didn't do anything to tarnish that and absolutely murdered his peers in international competition in a way he didn't in previous years. He went from 2 goals and 4 points in 15 international games to 23 goals and 36 points in 23 international games. So, he scored almost exactly the same in the SHL while still showing off the motor and creating highlights, but increased his international PPG from 0.27 to friggin 1.57. Where should he be ranked in your eyes that we're all getting it so terribly wrong?

Totally agree regarding the tiers. In fact I think we’re into our third tier of prospects already with this poll.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Interesting, that it’s a 3 way battle of past #2 picks....and yet, last years 2 number 2’s, Kaliyev and Fagemo, have passed them all on the rankings...and now Grans has as well in this poll.

However, the 3 combatants here all merit consideration and any 3 of them Can surpass any of the other 3 2nd rounders, ahead in this poll. A few times last year, Clague impressed me, cutting into the O zone with Tremendous speed and poise. I know he needs D zone work and has made strides. I cannot count him out.

Have made it, usually double their offensive numbers in their 2nd year in the AHL and he may well...or make the Kings. This is a pivotal year for him.

Akil Thomas

Add Parik
Thomas seems driven to me and I feel like he’s going to be a key glue guy on the roster.... I’m very high on him and feel like he’s a lock to make our roster in a couple of years.

Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad