Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%
3. Timothy Liljegren -- 53.8%
4. Rod Iron Amirov -- 94.3%
5. Mikhail Abramov -- 36.5%
6. Filip Hallander -- 32.4%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 47.2%

Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Adam Brooks
Ian Scott
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Nick Abruzzese
Joey Anderson
Mikko Kokkonen
Roni Hirvonen
Topi Niemela
William Villeneuve
Joe Woll

JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Pontus Holmberg
Semyon Kizimov
Joe Duszak
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Artur Akhtyamov
Dmitri Ovechkinov (I like this better)
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
Veeti Miettinen
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #3
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #4
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #5
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2020-leafs-board-prospect-rankings-6.2785116/
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #7

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Korshkov at #7.. ouff.

Went Abruzzese. Him, Anderson, and Hirvonen should be next 3 in some order.

Niemela deserves some credit as well.

We stocked up quite nicely on RD with Villeneuve and Niemela. Of course we also added Fusco and Rindell, but I don't have high hopes for them, just like I don't have high hopes for a guy like Loponen.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

We stocked up quite nicely on RD with Villeneuve and Niemela. Of course we also added Fusco and Rindell, but I don't have high hopes for them, just like I don't have high hopes for a guy like Loponen.
Agreed. Niemela and Villeneuve I'd have right after; but all these guys right now are in the same tier.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
TFW you click on the wrong guy.

In trying to go a little off from the regular picks, I was trying to select Villenueve and instead pick Kokkonen on mobile. There is no doubt that being put on your offhand against men and holding your own, and that getting the assistant captaincy to boot is great, especially when you’re a responsible transitional and positionally-sound defender.

But, with Villenueve, the hope is that the bad skating habits (as per the EP scouting report - hip bend, too much wasted arm movement, not enough knee bend) can be Underhill’d away or at the end of the day don’t disqualify him from the higher leagues. Producing points usually means you have intimate knowledge of the game and Villenueve was tops in team and the Q among defenders. Dude actually has an excellent passing and shooting game, and lateral agility that lets him walk the line. A lanky frame that fills out should add more power to his stride and also absorb more punishment. He’s also young iirc. I still have no idea how Dubas got him. He shoots right. Can you imagine an Ellis like trajectory? Like Theodore? Or letang, like how potvin sees him.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
We're at the make-a-player-drop-because-we-don't-like-the-posters-who-promoted-him-in-previous-threads part of the poll.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario

I just selected Niemela...I think he's going to be solid and we need to keep feeding the pipeline with promising defence men...It's been a weakness for so long it's time we continue stocking up in hopes that a certain percentage of them keep working out.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’m gonna go with Anderson.
Pretty good amateur resume, leadership, intensity and compete.... but I could just as easily feel fine with 4 other guys.
In summary, I like where the system is at.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Abruzzese
Hirvonenen
Kokkonen
Anderson
Niemela
SDA
Woll
Scott
Villeneuve
Ovchnnikov

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why does noone like kokkonen? Is it the lack of points while playing against men as a teenager?

He had a decent season, but nothing that would really shoot him up drastically. He's likely still around that 3rd round range of value where he was selected last year, perhaps moving up a bit to an early 3rd range. There's still a 2nd rounder from this year and the 2nd pick of the 3rd round from this year on the board as well, the latter of which has fewer votes than Kokkonen. I have Kokkonen in the same range as those 2. The only guys he was passed by so far was Abramov who had a great season in the Q lacking great teammates, and probably Abruzzese who was among the NCAA points leaders as a freshman, granted a junior aged freshman, but still. I can't remember if Korshkov was ahead of him last year or not but with the great start in the KHL this year it makes sense. Hallander, and Anderson were both added via trades and likely would have been higher last year. Amirov being a 15th overall pick is clearly ahead.

It's more a case of our pool getting better than Kokkonen getting worst IMO.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
No love for SDA? Is he a product of Robertson? Too small for the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad