• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jones and Heiskanen in the top five... Let it never be said that recency bias doesn't thrive on HFBoards

Could only make an legit argument for Carlson and Slavin over them atm so dont see what the big deal is. Play like a top 5 dman and you get placed there. If you consider a historical entire playoff run by Heiskanen recency bias then idk what to tell you but he was playing as good as that all season long. Just a bit more puck luck and scoring finish up front this time. Not a PPG player but I dont see why everyone is so shocked by his performance. Says a lot about how underrated he was coming into it.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Could only make an legit argument for Carlson and Slavin over them atm so dont see what the big deal is. Play like a top 5 dman and you get placed there
Jones gets caved in all playoffs but plays Big Minutes and chases a lot of guys in the defensive end cross-checking them in the back. Not my idea of playing like a top five defenceman but the narrative is the narrative. Heiskanen isn't even the best defenceman on his team.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jones gets caved in all playoffs but plays Big Minutes and chases a lot of guys in the defensive end cross-checking them in the back. Not my idea of playing like a top five defenceman but the narrative is the narrative. Heiskanen isn't even the best defenceman on his team.

Oh so you don't watch the Stars much I see. Heiskanen is the best dman on the Stars quite easily. Klingberg brings the flash and playoff Klingberg is clutch, but he's far from Heiskanen now when you consider all aspects from their 2 way game to their postseason and regular season game. Heiskanen is the clear cut #1 on the Stars. Klingberg falls somewhere around 15-20 imo on the top dmen list. He's awesome to watch but can be incredibly frustrating. Some nights he might be the worst player on the ice and others the best. Very much a hit or miss player most nights.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm not totally convinced Burns, Doughty, Karlsson, and Gio are dead just yet. Would still take any of them over a lot of names up there for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad