• Werenski COLU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So another offseason rankings thread! This time for top dmen. Who is the #1 dman in the league? Based mostly on recent play and projections for next season and i guess for beyond . Simply who is the #1 dman in the lague?

Please let me know suggestions for who shouldnt be on the list so soon and who SHOULD be added for the NEXT round?

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Hedman, Josi, then some combo of Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Slavin, EK (if healthy)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If Karlsson gets fully fit over the summer he will be the clear cut number 1 defenceman in the league again in 2020/21.

Reactions: The Macho King

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Hedman, Jones, Josi, Pie, Slavin, EK (if healthy enough), Hamilton in that order for me. EK could be higher depending on if he returns to form. Lots of good defensemen in the NHL in general, the future is bright from the blueline.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If Karlsson gets fully fit over the summer he will be the clear cut number 1 defenceman in the league again in 2020/21.

Karlsson + Doughty. Both are as good/better than Hedman currently is at their best - and I think it's too soon to say for sure that both Karlsson and Doughty have declined, vs just had 2 bad seasons for different reasons. If either/both bounce back - they're both ahead of Hedman imo. Or at least it's close.

Having said that - after 2 seasons, I think Hedman deserves to be called #1 now until either Karlsson or Doughty prove otherwise. Grace period can only work for so long.

Not to single you out or anything but just a friendly reminder to everyone not to suggest your teams player just because hes on your team, were looking for the TOP dmen and ranking them in order

I'm a Habs fan - far from a Leafs fan - and second Riely's nomination. He certainly belongs among these names.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Karlsson + Doughty. Both are as good/better than Hedman currently is at their best - and I think it's too soon to say for sure that both Karlsson and Doughty have declined, vs just had 2 bad seasons for different reasons. If either/both bounce back - they're both ahead of Hedman imo. Or at least it's close.

Having said that - after 2 seasons, I think Hedman deserves to be called #1 now until either Karlsson or Doughty prove otherwise. Grace period can only work for so long.

I'm a Habs fan - far from a Leafs fan - and second Riely's nomination. He certainly belongs among these names.
OK I will add him bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad