Prospect Info: 2020 HF-Panthers top prospects vote, #2

Who is the Panthers #2 ranked prospect?

• F - Aleksi Saarela (2015, #89), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Max Gildon (2017, #66), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

• D - Vladislav Kolyachonok (2019, #52), Dinamo Minsk (KHL)

• D - John Ludvig (2019, #69), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Prospects included in the vote (25yo or under, and under contract or rights owned by the team) and left to be added:

F - Juho Lammikko (2014, #65), Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL)
F - Henry Bowlby (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Henrik Borgström (2016, #23), HIFK (Liiga)
F - Jonathan Ang (2016, #94), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Rodrigo Abols (2016, #184), Örebro HK (SHL)
F - Patrick Bajkov (undrafted), Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
F - Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40), MODO Hockey (HockeyAllsvenskan)
F - Eetu Luostarinen (2017, #42), KalPa (Liiga) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Serron Noel (2018, #34), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Logan Hutsko (2018, #89), Boston College (NCAA)
F - Justin Schütz (2018, #170), EC Salzburg (IceHL)
F - Cole Schwindt (2019, #81), Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
F - Henrik Rybinski (2019, #136), Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
F - Owen Lindmark (2019, #137), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
F - Emil Heineman (2020, #43), Leksands IF (SHL)
F - Ty Smilanic (2020, #74), Quinnipiac Univ. (NCAA)
F - Justin Sourdif (2020, #87), Vancouver Giants (WHL)
F - Elliot Ekmark (2020, #198), Linköping HC (SHL)

D - Alec Rauhauser (undrafted), DVTK Jegesmedvék (Slovakia) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Brady Keeper (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Jake Massie (2015, #156), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Chase Priskie (2016, #177), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Tyler Inamoto (2017, #133), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
D - Cole Krygier (2018, #201), Michigan State Univ. (NCAA)
D - Santtu Kinnunen (2018, #207), Tappara (Liiga)
D - Carter Berger (2019, #106), Univ. of Connecticut (NCAA)
D - Michael Benning (2020, #95), Univ. of Denver (NCAA)
D - Zach Uens (2020, #105), Merrimack College (NCAA)
D - Kasper Puutio (2020, #153), Kärpät (Liiga)

G - Samuel Montembeault (2015, #77), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
G - Ryan Bednard (2015, #206), Charlotte Checkers (AHL) / Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
G - Devon Levi (2020, #212), Northeastern Univ. (NCAA) / Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL)

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think Lundell and Tippett's ceiling are about the same. I don't think it will take 4 years for Lundell to get to the NHL, so imo he edges out Tippett because of that.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Are we allowing outside votes to count @SoupyFIN?
I would prefer if only our own board voted to keep the results as close to the "truth" as possible, but I'm not going to go through every single poster to see if it's a regular or not. Maybe I'll change the thread titles to reflect this better.

Obviously if there's a clear sign that non-regulars are trying to fix the results (say a bunch of Kärpät fans tried to vote Puutio in the top5), then I'll remove those votes. And yes, I have tools available to remove invidual votes.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Voted Stillman. I know we have those super prospects like Tippett/Lundell but decided he is the most ready of all the players

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Are we allowing outside votes to count @SoupyFIN?

Voted Tippett again.

I would prefer if only our own board voted to keep the results as close to the "truth" as possible, but I'm not going to go through every single poster to see if it's a regular or not. Maybe I'll change the thread titles to reflect this better.

Obviously if there's a clear sign that non-regulars are trying to fix the results (say a bunch of Kärpät fans tried to vote Puutio in the top5), then I'll remove those votes. And yes, I have tools available to remove invidual votes.

So with pole #1, I think I counted 15 out of 53 votes were non Panther fans, that's 28% of the vote.

Also, I find it comical how two drafts ago people were clamoring not to pick Knight, and now he's voted our number one Prospect. I hope I'm not the only one that sees the humour in this.

Obviously I vote for the 2021 Rookie of the Year Owen Tippett (also just saw how comical it will be when he wins Rookie of the Year and he's only our number 2 prospect. Good problem to have I guess.)

Add Noel

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
So with pole #1, I think I counted 15 out of 53 votes were non Panther fans, that's 28% of the vote.

Also, I find it comical how two drafts ago people were clamoring not to pick Knight, and now he's voted our number one Prospect. I hope I'm not the only one that sees the humour in this.

Obviously I vote for the 2021 Rookie of the Year Owen Tippett (also just saw how comical it will be when he wins Rookie of the Year and he's only our number 2 prospect. Good problem to have I guess.)

Add Noel

Why comical ?

It just speaks for the quality of our top-end prospects... I think the top-4 is a pretty tight group, and you could make an argument for anyone being ranked above the other. Good problem to have, but nothing comical IMO.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Why comical ?

It just speaks for the quality of our top-end prospects... I think the top-4 is a pretty tight group, and you could make an argument for anyone being ranked above the other. Good problem to have, but nothing comical IMO.

Well it's comical to me because now we would be now setting the bar extremely high for Knight, having him be the best.

OT is so close to the show, and looks so good as well as put up great numbers all along the way. I just don't know how OT's not the best? :huh:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Well it's comical to me because now we would be now setting the bar extremely high for Knight, having him be the best.

OT is so close to the show, and looks so good as well as put up great numbers all along the way. I just don't know how OT's not the best? :huh:

IMO Owen is more proven and his ceiling is a bit lower than Knight... Knight has had an amazing freshman year in NCAA which is very hard for a goalie... And his potential seems like top-5 goalie in the league !

Which is much better than a perennial 30 goals scorer...

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
IMO Owen is more proven and his ceiling is a bit lower than Knight... Knight has had an amazing freshman year in NCAA which is very hard for a goalie... And his potential seems like top-5 goalie in the league !

Which is much better than a perennial 30 goals scorer...

OT definitely has potential to become a perennial 30-goal scorer. I'd make a future with some good odds that he may even reach 30 this year!

Like you even mentioned, Knight is in college. He is at least one year away, probably two years away, maybe even three years away.

I'll take a perennial 30-goal scorer right now over a potential top five goalie in the league, in at least two or three years. OT may have 60 career NHL goals before Knight even gets into the league!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I chose lundell. Tippett is older and more developed and better to step in right now but I think overall lundell is a better prospect in terms of both ceiling, all around play, plus being a center vs winger. But if it were whos more ready then yes Tippett.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

I didn't want Knight because he were rumored or had already signed Bob long-term so in my mind that didn't make sense. I also think given more time, Monty will turn into a very good goaltender. That being said, since we did draft him and he is our prospect, in my mind he is the best one out of the bunch.

2nd best, my vote goes to Tippett.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Comparing to the amount of votes given on the first round, it's unlikely that Lundell would catch Tippett during the second day, even if everyone who hasn't yet voted gave their vote to Lundell.

Tippett takes it, Borgstrom and Noel added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad