Prospect Info: 2020 Ducks Prospect Rankings #18

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In the eighteenth poll, I am voting for Blake McLaughlin.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2020 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (-)
2. RD - Jamie Drysdale (1st year)
3. G - Lukas Dostal (+5)
4. LW - Maxime Comtois (-)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (1st year)
6. C -Isac Lundestrom (-1)
7. LD - Henry Thrun (+10)
8. LW - Brayden Tracey (-1)
9. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+3)
10. LD - Josh Mahura (+1)
11. LD - Jackson Lacombe (+2)
12. RW - Sam Colangelo (1st year)
13. LD - Brendan Guhle (-3)
14. RD - Ian Moore (1st year)
15. LD - Simon Benoit (+3)
16. C - Artyom Galimov (1st year)
17. RD - Thimo Nickl (1st year)
Our notable graduates and departures are:

Troy Terry
Sam Steel
Max Jones
Jacob Larsson
Chase De Leo
Brent Gates Jr.
Kiefer Sherwood

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Was between Mclaughlin and Kopacka to me. Will go with Kopacka, he has some nice raw tools and as I heard is responsible defensively.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don’t understand how Drew has more votes than Andersson
Drew is older, but at least have a somewhat good pro season behind his back. He has some raw tools like shot and toughness.
Andersson, I don't know what to be excited about him.

Reactions: McDonald19

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Drew is older, but at least have a somewhat good pro season behind his back. He has some raw tools like shot and toughness.
Andersson, I don't know what to be excited about him.

You can’t compare their pro seasons, one is playing in the Allsvenskan which is a very good league and the other is playing in the Slovakian league which is about on par with the ECHL. You can’t compare the two’s pro seasons.

Last edited:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
You can’t compare their pro seasons, one is playing in the Allsvenkan which is a very good league and the other is playing in the Slovakian league which is about on par with the ECHL. You can’t compare the two’s pro seasons.
To be fair, Drew did play in San Diego for at least a decent amount of time last season. I assume that is what Kalv is referring to.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
To be fair, Drew did play in San Diego for at least a decent amount of time last season. I assume that is what Kalv is referring to.
Yes, I was referring to the season in San Diego.

But what he is doing in Slovakia, is not bad as well. Slovakia is a decent hockey country and he is leading a team there in points, with a very good trajectory.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hunter Drew is a dime a dozen defensemen. I watch too much SD.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yes, I was referring to the season in San Diego.

But what he is doing in Slovakia, is not bad as well. Slovakia is a decent hockey country and he is leading a team there in points, with a very good trajectory.

Its by no means a bad league but it’s not close to the same tier as the Allsvenskan.

Fair enough re his time in San Diego. I wouldn’t write home about his time there but it is a higher league than what Andersson has played in.

Reactions: Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Will Francis. He was looking impressive before the cancer and I hope he can get back to there. He has the skating that Drew wishes he had and has the size too

edit: didn’t see McLaughlin was still on the board. Would have voted for him

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
McLaughlin was a solid pick here (even though I didn't vote for him).

He is on the first line in a strong team. Mitchigan was 12th rated NCAA team and has started strong, I think they dominated some teams above them in the ranks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad