2020 Draft recap

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
That guy is pretty entertaining. I agree with what he says about people getting upset without knowing the facts, and with the dangers involved in listening to Canadian scouting reports on American prospects (and vice versa).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What does it say? It won't play for me. Thanks.

He is pretty complimentary of the Bruins picks overall. Has seen them all and likes them. Gave the Bruins a B- on the draft and that only because they did not have a first rounder or a fourth rounder.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That guy is pretty entertaining. I agree with what he says about people getting upset without knowing the facts, and with the dangers involved in listening to Canadian scouting reports on American prospects (and vice versa).

Good podcast & lots I agree with but NHL Central Scouting had Mason ranked 132nd so Bruins taking him that early is a really really far reach.In the podcast though he said if you polled the scouts I believe about the top 5 hardest D men to play against in that league that he would be in all their top 5.Again his opinion but he really stressed his point there so I will take him at his word.Should be a fun player to watch grow.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Louhri is 6’4” LHD who has skill

a converted F who had a 6” growth spurt

after Jonathan Aitken & Lars Johnsson two epic iconic 7th overall Defenseman busts why not

I’m definitely intrigued

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He is pretty complimentary of the Bruins picks overall. Has seen them all and likes them. Gave the Bruins a B- on the draft and that only because they did not have a first rounder or a fourth rounder.
I’ve heard him be very tough on prospects over the years that were highly rated - a lot of ‘I don’t see it’ so he’s not giving everyone a participation trophy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Louhri is 6’4” LHD who has skill

a converted F who had a 6” growth spurt

after Jonathan Aitken & Lars Johnsson two epic iconic 7th overall Defenseman busts why not

I’m definitely intrigued

Kinda like Scottie Pippen who grew 7" from the time he graduated high school over the course of his time playing College Ball. Went from a nothing prospect to 1st round NBA draft pick. Some people just have their growth spurts at a later age.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Kinda like Scottie Pippen who grew 7" from the time he graduated high school over the course of his time playing College Ball. Went from a nothing prospect to 1st round NBA draft pick. Some people just have their growth spurts at a later age.

Tom Fergus?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Thanks a lot for sharing that. Excellent read. My love affair with the Bruins began a little less than a year prior to this being written, so there is piles of nice tidbits here, some outstanding quotes (Sinden seems like a guy with some quick wit).

There are some great quotes there about his philosophies on hockey and team building that when I get a chance maybe later in the month I'd love to dive into here in 2020. Some great discussion points.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Thanks a lot for sharing that. Excellent read. My love affair with the Bruins began a little less than a year prior to this being written, so there is piles of nice tidbits here, some outstanding quotes (Sinden seems like a guy with some quick wit).

There are some great quotes there about his philosophies on hockey and team building that when I get a chance maybe later in the month I'd love to dive into here in 2020. Some great discussion points.
Indeed. One wonders how, for example, the old Harry would’ve reacted to this year’s Rask situation.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Indeed. One wonders how, for example, the old Harry would’ve reacted to this year’s Rask situation.

Yup. There is one quote in particular that tells me he wouldn't of agreed with Rask's decision.

I'd also love to hear his take on advanced stats/analytics.

I also thought his take on the talent it takes to defend (or lack thereof) was um, interesting. I'm not so sure Patrice Bergeron would agree.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I enjoyed the podcast. Nice to learn some more about the picks. I don't get upset over draft picks because drafting teenagers years away from making the pros is basically a crap shoot.

Lohrei could be a gem. He could also totally bust. Tommy Cross comes to mind, another big, mobile, college d-man drafted in the 2nd round.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Redline's 2020 draft review came in the mail today and as expected they take Boston to task with the Mason Lohrei choice,listing it as their #1 Most Overvalued pick

They had Trevor Kuntar (picked#88) ranked 113, in an earlier RR they liked his progress

Mason Langenbrunner picked #150 was ranked 288, not to pick a fight with Redline but... Minnesota HS league is legit good and Mason had a solid year,I have no problem with this pick,it was far from a reach

Now comes Riley Duran, picked 181 and was not ranked by Redline ,that's on them, anyone who follows the New England Prep scene knew about this kid,another pick I was happy with

Surprise of the draft for me was Oliver Suni not getting drafted,he was ranked #53 by RR

Once again Redline lamented the recent trend of the backend of the draft being reserved for US and Euro kids, as we've discussed previously this is because the NHL team can wait up to 4-5 years to make a decision on a pro contract

An interesting tidbit for the 2021 draft,
3 players from the University of Michigan are in the top 10,led by #2 ranked Owen Power,6-5 210 pounds defenseman

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Redline's 2020 draft review came in the mail today and as expected they take Boston to task with the Mason Lohrei choice,listing it as their #1 Most Overvalued pick

They had Trevor Kuntar (picked#88) ranked 113, in an earlier RR they liked his progress

Mason Langenbrunner picked #150 was ranked 288, not to pick a fight with Redline but... Minnesota HS league is legit good and Mason had a solid year,I have no problem with this pick,it was far from a reach

Now comes Riley Duran, picked 181 and was not ranked by Redline ,that's on them, anyone who follows the New England Prep scene knew about this kid,another pick I was happy with

Surprise of the draft for me was Oliver Suni not getting drafted,he was ranked #53 by RR

Once again Redline lamented the recent trend of the backend of the draft being reserved for US and Euro kids, as we've discussed previously this is because the NHL team can wait up to 4-5 years to make a decision on a pro contract

An interesting tidbit for the 2021 draft,
3 players from the University of Michigan are in the top 10,led by #2 ranked Owen Power,6-5 210 pounds defenseman

Power — McAvoy

who says no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad