Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #142: Carson Bantle (LW)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Played on a horrible team. Big and tough but decent straightline speed and a nice shot.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tocchet was among the Coyotes staff to call him and welcome him to the org. Yuck.

Didn't mention Tocchet by name. Just "the coach". Could be anyone from Tucson or the development staff. Likely the latter.

Reactions: Mosby

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The more I think about it, the more I hope this kid pans out. All the Tom Wilson comparos make me salivate. We have needed a Tom Wilson type for forever on this team. Instead, we've had Josh Grattons, Daniel Carcillos, and Max Domis.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
He said “my body” 16 times in 90 seconds. Lol.

How many times did he say "you know"? I get the feeling that's what the players are told to say when they don't know what to say.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
He has small guy skills in a large body. If he can improve his skating, he will be a huge steal.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
"Particularly, his first few steps are incredibly slow. More than once, he should have had a breakaway but was caught by a defender because he wasn’t fast enough."

The main red flag seems to be his skating. Hopefully he can improve and can overcome that.

On the bright side, he still had close to one breakaway per game I watched. He also beat the defenseman on the outside more than once.

He also played a ton, 5vs5, top PP, top PK. That also played sometimes in him looking "slower".

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's a vocal tic, very common among kids of that age. "Like" is the other major one.
When I was in elementary school school (public school) they made everyone take some kind of test (IQ or something similar). All the kids who’s results happened to be above a certain number were then bussed to a separate location one school day per week to take part in a “gifted” program. Five different schools would use the location, one day per week.

They hired all of these hippy dippy nut job teachers. I mean, they’d make us listen to whale songs in the dark for fifteen straight minutes and bizarre shit like that.

I remember well them doing an exercise where at first 10 kids preferred democracy to communism and only one kid liked communism better. Then they gradually converted all the kids to communism but one. Then they had the kids argue until it was an even split.

It was an absolute freak show.

There were only two positives. They introduced algebra to us in third grade and they really spent a ton of time explaining what it actually was and how it actually worked, so we would understand algebra rather than simply memorizing stuff. That was good.

The other thing they taught us that was useful is what you described. They forced every kid to give a speech in front of the class every week. They were flexible on subject, delivery, etc. the only thing you were really graded on was being confident, comfortable, not stammering, or saying ummm, uhhh, like, or ya know to fill spaces. That you could accept silence as line breaks while speaking.

I don’t use algebra anymore. But I do still have to speak in front of large groups. So that one lesson is all I have to show for being bussed to a hippy school every Wednesday for four straight years. Well, that and a healthy distrust of commies and hippies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
When I was in elementary school school (public school) they made everyone take some kind of test (IQ or something similar). All the kids who’s results happened to be above a certain number were then bussed to a separate location one school day per week to take part in a “gifted” program. Five different schools would use the location, one day per week.

They hired all of these hippy dippy nut job teachers. I mean, they’d make us listen to whale songs in the dark for fifteen straight minutes and bizarre shit like that.

I remember well them doing an exercise where at first 10 kids preferred democracy to communism and only one kid liked communism better. Then they gradually converted all the kids to communism but one. Then they had the kids argue until it was an even split.

It was an absolute freak show.

There were only two positives. They introduced algebra to us in third grade and they really spent a ton of time explaining what it actually was and how it actually worked, so we would understand algebra rather than simply memorizing stuff. That was good.

The other thing they taught us that was useful is what you described. They forced every kid to give a speech in front of the class every week. They were flexible on subject, delivery, etc. the only thing you were really graded on was being confident, comfortable, not stammering, or saying ummm, uhhh, like, or ya know to fill spaces. That you could accept silence as line breaks while speaking.

I don’t use algebra anymore. But I do still have to speak in front of large groups. So that one lesson is all I have to show for being bussed to a hippy school every Wednesday for four straight years. Well, that and a healthy distrust of commies and hippies.
We had a similar thing as well. I didn’t make the cut and spent the rest of my years in grade school making sure I kicked each and every one of their asses on every test, exam, assignment.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We had a similar thing as well. I didn’t make the cut and spent the rest of my years in grade school making sure I kicked each and every one of their asses on every test, exam, assignment.
I got expelled from high school, went to a school for juvenile delinquents, and graduated a year early with straight D grades (I believe my final GPA was a 0.9) and started junior college a year early. I dropped out after two semesters and went into construction.

The “gifted” program was absolute nonsense. lol.

I brought it up only because I remember well going into middle school and seeing my classmates forced to give their first real presentations in front of the class. And I saw them fall to pieces and do terribly. And I knew the only difference was experience, rather than aptitude.

Reactions: hbk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad