Prospect Info: 2020 Devils-Centric Mock Draft 1.0

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
The only negative about Sanderson type prospects in the top-10 is theyre boring lmfao

I wouldnt be upset or mad at all, in fact id be ecstatic as it means they see top pair potential in him as well, but you csnt stat watch him for the two years hed develop whereas the forwards or even Drysdale would be stacking points and highlights

The small things in life yaknow lol - and no thats not why id pick the two forwards over him, just a small after-effect when we make the pick that you think about
Well, people are stat watching for Smith but they've tempered their expectations anyways due to his SSS in camp. Plus, there's nothing to say that Sanderson won't start putting up points. He's not offensively inept. IDK, I love the kid and know how friggin' difficult it is to find a top pair LHD so if I get that chance, I'm taking it.

I'd also entertain the idea of trading up from 11 if Buffalo would be willing and landing Rossi/Perfetti anyways but I'm not sure Buffalo would pass that opportunity up.

But, LIS before, there are a multitude of ways this draft could go and I'd still love it.

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
So, Will Scouch finally dropped his report on Sanderson. And after hearing and seeing what he (Scouch) has to say about Sanderson and Drysdale, I would have to say that I don't have much of a preference between the two. In the end the preference might be for Sanderson because I get the sense that he can actually end opposition plays, particularly in the neutral zone. Having a young player with the ability to end the other team's attack would be a big piece of the puzzle for the Devils to become a contender again.

Would I take Sanderson or Drysdale if they were available at 7? I don't think I would. Would rather take the highest ranked forward on the list. Yeah, I like Sanderson, but I'm not sure what separates him from a player like Haydn Fleury who was also taken at 7th overall in 2014.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
So, Will Scouch finally dropped his report on Sanderson. And after hearing and seeing what he (Scouch) has to say about Sanderson and Drysdale, I would have to say that I don't have much of a preference between the two. In the end the preference might be for Sanderson because I get the sense that he can actually end opposition plays, particularly in the neutral zone. Having a young player with the ability to end the other team's attack would be a big piece of the puzzle for the Devils to become a contender again.

Would I take Sanderson or Drysdale if they were available at 7? I don't think I would. Would rather take the highest ranked forward on the list. Yeah, I like Sanderson, but I'm not sure what separates him from a player like Haydn Fleury who was also taken at 7th overall in 2014.
I saw that video. Does he have a good rep? I thought the video was good. I liked him tracking the 7 games and giving the stats.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
What makes you say that?
For a few reasons - fact is that Rossi has no real physical gains to be made, hes 180 5’9” so he wont see some increase in stature by the time hes 21+, which usually accounts for some uptick in speed and physical presence. Though hell obviously add more muscle and shed some fat

Also I think his all around game is great and his offensive potential could be top-3, but id bet moreso on him being a hgh-end 2nd liner who plays all situations vs being a top line, high producing guy. There arent many top line wingers who are top-3 players in offense as well as well above average defensively, usually you have to sacrifice one for the other (guys like Mark Stone being anomalies)

Rossi could very well have top-3 upside but Id bet on Perfetti’s moreso since his offensive potential IMO is a decent bit higher

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
maybe it's perfetti's youthful face, but he just seems so small to me, which means he could either be the next barzal or the next bust

idk i'm wary of him lol. man why doesn't the CHL do advanced metrics tracking

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
maybe it's perfetti's youthful face, but he just seems so small to me, which means he could either be the next barzal or the next bust

idk i'm wary of him lol. man why doesn't the CHL do advanced metrics tracking
Jack was the exact same size lol

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

I don't disagree with anything you said until the Fleury comparison. At the same age (younger, actually), Sanderson is stronger, faster, better offensively and defensively, more physical, you name it. Maybe Fleury had a better shot from the point.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I've said this before but I personally hope Sanderson is taken well before he reaches our spot 'cause I will not like it at all if he was selected when there are forwards like Rossi or Holtz (or even Perfetti) to be gotten.

I'd be pounding whiskey and celebrating if the Devils got Sanderson. So, I guess everyone should just come over my apartment in that scenario and avoid you completely.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd be pounding whiskey and celebrating if the Devils got Sanderson. So, I guess everyone should just come over my apartment in that scenario and avoid you completely.

What scotch is smooth and easy to sip that I can share with my college age kids for a celebratory toast? I’d rather keep maximum bottle price in the $200 range. Thanks I’ll take my answer off air.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
the most important thing is I think it wojld be really hard for us to screw this pick up.

The "worst" prospect available at 7 would be Holtz or Raymond. Well both most likely.

I guess we could take Askarov at 7. That would be a screw up in my mind.

I said similar. Very difficult to mess this up. In fact, I agree.... The most likely way we do would be to take askarov there

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I said similar. Very difficult to mess this up. In fact, I agree.... The most likely way we do would be to take askarov there
Or have Lou take over last second and reach for Lundell at 7, gotta love those all around toolbox low end ceiling guys

Reactions: Bet the Over

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I did a modest offseason on capfriendly and I was intent on making Dillon the priority. Nothing overly exciting but I think it's a "safe" offseason without projecting any flat cap casualties trades.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1787066

Bratt | Hischier | Gusev
Galchenyuk | Hughes | Palmieri
Kuokkanen | Zacha | Fast
Wood | Zajac | Anderson

Dillon | Severson
Butcher | Subban
Greene | Smith

Blackwood | Khubodin

Only thing I'm not completely sold on is adding Galchenyuk. It's a gamble but I'm not sure if he's a fit.
Not bad at all and the flat cap environment might force players like Dillon, Galchenyuk and Fast to sign shorter and cheaper contracts. But I assume at this rate NJ would have plenty of competition for those players.
I assume Greene would get a bigger offer from NJ to return for one year (2.5 - 3.0m).
Considering the other value contracts I don't see a reason to give Khudobin 3 years at 3 million. Shorter and/or less AAV. 1yr/3m, 2yr/2.5m, 3yr/2m

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
As much as I love what Sanderson could be, unfortunately defenseman are harder to predict and so Id go with Rossi or Perfetti over him

If both are gone before us however Im taking Sanderson over Holtz or Raymond
you are the second writing this exact sentence. where does this perception come form? are there any statistical evidences to proof this? if i go through the past drafts, i can't see anything, which supports this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad