2020 CHL Import Draft

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Draft is confirmed for June 30 but still a lot of uncertainty. Will be interesting to follow.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How does Petrov hold up against Chibrikov and Lazutin in terms of upside?

Anyone know why he wasn't on the Russian U17 WJHC roster?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
How does Petrov hold up against Chibrikov and Lazutin in terms of upside?

Anyone know why he wasn't on the Russian U17 WJHC roster?
No idea why he wasn't at the WJHC but he played at the U17 5 Nations.

The whole tournament is on Youtube.

I don't like Petrov as much as Chibrikov but he does show good offensive skill and competes.

Reactions: belair

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Haven't heard any rumors about Swedish players this year. However, one agent in particular seems to often have his clients picked in this draft. Maybe Andrae or Nybeck this year?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Haven't heard any rumors about Swedish players this year. However, one agent in particular seems to often have his clients picked in this draft. Maybe Andrae or Nybeck this year?
Several CHL scouts have said that it is highly unlikely any Swedish or Finnish players come over this year based on their communications with scouts over there. Due to the whole pandemic situation

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Prokopenko actually scored more points in 14 MHL games, than Petrov in 21 games, but went 8th, while Petrov went 1st.
Import draft has a lot more things at play then just who is the best talent. North Bay in theory will have a harder time attracting a top tier player then Gatineau would. So teams take players who they have agreed to report already most of the time.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Import draft has a lot more things at play then just who is the best talent. North Bay in theory will have a harder time attracting a top tier player then Gatineau would. So teams take players who they have agreed to report already most of the time.

Ah, I see, Prokopenko wasn't probably willing to come to them.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Pretty interesting London took JJ peter. I hardly see any benefit to him going over
Was in the doghouse last season with Munich, was not even used on the 2nd PP unit some nights... I could see him going to London pretty well and thats going to be an homerun swing for London, AGAIN!

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Was in the doghouse last season with Munich, was not even used on the 2nd PP unit some nights... I could see him going to London pretty well and thats going to be an homerun swing for London, AGAIN!
Oh yeah it would be a massive win for them, I just always find it weird when guys who already can play against men head over to play against kids again just for the visibility

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Oh yeah it would be a massive win for them, I just always find it weird when guys who already can play against men head over to play against kids again just for the visibility

But you know that with the Hunters, you are in good hands... Cant find a better school...

Reactions: themelkman

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Saskatoon takes Brad Lambert. Interesting but probably a waste of a pick.

Most likely. Or he might be pulling a Alex Nylander/Rasmus Sandin. Signing with a Finnish club first -> Loan to a CHL team. Player gets to play CHL hockey (if that's what he wants) while bypassing the NHL age restriction rule. Finnish team gets part of the NHL transfer money when he signs an ELC. Win win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad