2020 Champions League Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If you ask me, Caqueret's better. But they do play different roles.

Yes of course, hard to compare, but Caqueret looks like he can handle most midfield roles, he is good at litteraly everything

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And most of the 2nd half chances for Bayern came when OL changed their system and subbed Marcal.

Again, people use stats to avoid seeing the obvious. Lyon had just as many quality chances. Bayern's collective force didn't dominate Lyon's collective force.
Bayern scored like they should have, Lyon didn't. Hence they deserve to be through. But had Lyon finished the chances they should have, it would have been 2-2.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If you ask me, Caqueret's better. But they do play different roles.
Aouar looks like a better attacking player, but Caqueret looks like that modern press-resistant deep midfielder that is so critical these days and every top club wants.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Playing with 10 men like Lyon did in every single game since the restart is tough.
They have to find a team for Depay as soon as possible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aouar looks like a better attacking player, but Caqueret looks like that modern press-resistant deep midfielder that is so critical these days and every top club wants.
Yes Aouar is more offensive.
There's one thing you haven't seen from Caqueret though so far is that he has a brilliant shot and is a great FK taker.

Oh and he's a natural leader.
Guy has the whole package.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Calling up Lampard to cash in on injury prone Kante for Caqueret

Reactions: Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I do believe the better team won but Lyon definately looked good and fighted more than Leipzig did against PSG.
I agree but the way some people make it sound is like if Lyon had scored all their chances they would have gotten a result, as though Bayern would just stop playing or couldn’t have converted some of their own missed chances. In the end even with the game out of reach for Bayern they were creating. That’s what they do they just keep coming forward. It’s what City should have done.

It was an exciting game because Lyon have talent but also more so you could argue because of the way Bayern play. They’re going to give up chances. But they create more than they give up and they have the quality to convert more than most if not all other teams. Why wouldn’t they bet on themselves? They’ve earned it. Lyon didn’t deserve a result from this game.

Reactions: Blender

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yes Aouar is more offensive.
There's one thing you haven't seen from Caqueret though so far is that he has a brilliant shot and is a great FK taker.

Oh and he's a natural leader.
Guy has the whole package.

Do you think Deschamps is planning to give either/both their NT debut in the next game?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Do you think Deschamps is planning to give either/both their NT debut in the next game?
I don't know, but I don't see many players CURRENTLY better than them in midfield.
DD is old school though, he doesn't select youngster until they force his hand.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know, but I don't see many players CURRENTLY better than them in midfield.
DD is old school though, he doesn't select youngster until they force his hand.
Depends if Kante and Pogba are healthy, as that has clearly been their first choice I'd say.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It has. But do you think Kante is currently better than Caqueret?
Not me.
A healthy Kante? Yes, but he has struggled a lot with injuries lately. Pogba hasn't been stellar lately either also because of injuries. Besides, I see Camavinga as the Kante comparable more than Caqueret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad