Series Talk: 2020 Avs Playoffs | Round 1: Arizona Coyotes

Pick the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Huge disappointment from the Avs tonight, but moving on...

Hopefully they can adjust to the boring style of play that Arizona is content on playing. Chicago would’ve been a much better matchup for the Avs.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We all would have taken a 1st round series against Arizona before the season/round robin started, as that's effectively like winning the Central division and facing a wildcard team.

It's obviously not the most fun matchup but our forward depth should give us a significant edge in this series. Just need to at least play even on special teams and win the series at 5v5.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
We all would have taken a 1st round series against Arizona before the season/round robin started, as that's effectively like winning the Central division and facing a wildcard team.

It's obviously not the most fun matchup but our forward depth should give us a significant edge in this series. Just need to at least play even on special teams and win the series at 5v5.
I would say that the difference is more in high end talent than in depth. Arizona is not a team lacking depth like Edmonton.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Goalies Yotes
Forwards Avs
Defense Yotes barely
Yotes in 7.

Looking forward to the series. Think it will be a chippy one.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I would say that the difference is more in high end talent than in depth. Arizona is not a team lacking depth like Edmonton.
That's what I meant. They may have decent depth, but the quality of our depth trumps theirs.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
tumblr_inline_p5ev0kkj4d1qg5kg0_500.gif

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Goalies Yotes
Forwards Avs
Defense Yotes barely
Yotes in 7.

Looking forward to the series. Think it will be a chippy one.
Arizona don't have a better defense group, they just play a defensive system. If you stick that group in Colorado's offensive system they'd get lit up.

I do give you the edge in goaltending though. You'll need Kuemper to stand on his head to have a chance in this series, along with winning the special teams battle.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nieto>Jost??? Not today. Nieto was a big F-. PEB was a D- Just awful 4th line play. They gave up the second goal on a horrible neutral ice turnover by PEB. Then some ugly flailing by Nieto on the own goal. Next you have Nieto take a stupid penalty 200 feet from his goal. We get the third goal and Bednar tosses out the 4th line, they lose a face off and then get pinned in their own zone giving up another good scoring chance.

This awesome 4th line was awful today and needs to get their act together or I do expect to see Jost and maybe someone else. What a egg those guys laid today. Dominated by Vegas. Only saving grace was they were solid on Pk. Until PEB blew a breakaway.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Scoring the first goal will be very important in this series for the Avs. Can't let the Coyotes get the 1st goal. If they do, then they will just go into their bullshit defensive shell with Kuemper in net and make it harder for the Avs to tie it up.

Need to get the first goal. Going up by 2 would be great as well.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
My guess is the Avalanche in 6. We need to work on the powerplay and prioritize shooting over the perfect pass. Need to be hungry from the onset of the series as the Coyotes have been playing meaningful games for awhile.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Think Makar is already a star. Best of both teams Dmen.

Depth for 3 defensive pairs I give a slight advantage to the Yotes.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
My guess is the Avalanche in 6. We need to work on the powerplay and prioritize shooting over the perfect pass. Need to be hungry from the onset of the series as the Coyotes have been playing meaningful games for awhile.
We're going to need to prioritise traffic in front of the net to beat Kuemper. The types of goals Donskoi and Compher have scored recently are going to be really important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad