2020 Around the League: Offseason Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Tavares was a great signing. The leafs just needed to be ruthless with their RFAs rather than promising that the team would keep them. They likely should have traded Nylander for futures or defencemen despite him being a very good player

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
West Divison playoffs are gonna be a blood bath. The only team that doesn't play a heavy game is the Avs. Whoever makes it out will be limping by the times the conference finals happen.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
West Divison playoffs are gonna be a blood bath. The only team that doesn't play a heavy game is the Avs. Whoever makes it out will be limping by the times the conference finals happen.

This is CRAZY

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

I thought it was at Minnesota in the west. I guess that changed. It is a lot more competitive now.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that's putting all the big northeast hockey tv markets together. those teams are going to do great on regional broadcast revenues compared to the rest of the league, and also have a ridiculously light travel schedule.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
wait, so after yesterday’s big to do, the nhl came out and said it wasn’t going to try to jump the line on vaccines for its players right?

i can’t find a clear statement from the league but it seems like that’s what people are reporting?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
wait, so after yesterday’s big to do, the nhl came out and said it wasn’t going to try to jump the line on vaccines for its players right?

i can’t find a clear statement from the league but it seems like that’s what people are reporting?

My understanding was that the NHL wasn't talking about jumping the queue, but saying that when the vaccine was available for private sale, they would be interested.

John Shannon irresponsibly reported it, I guess in an effort to garner clicks and outrage.

Initially tweeting:

"Source confirms that the NHL is planning the private purchase of a COVID vaccine for all constituents involved in the potential upcoming season."

then he let that fester for a while before clarifying in a follow up tweet:

For clarification... The NHL is interested in securing vaccine when and if it’s available for private purchase.

Is it at this point? — no.

The league also is adamant they would not jump the line to do so.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canada has contracted for 76 million doses (enough for 38 million people or roughly the population of Canada) of Pfizer's vaccine alone.

The US has contracted for 100 million doses with an option for another 500 million - in total enough for 300 million people.

Why would the NHL be looking to privately purchase doses when the amounts purchased by government of the Pfizer vaccine alone more than cover the population that will get vaccinated?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Canada has contracted for 76 million doses (enough for 38 million people or roughly the population of Canada) of Pfizer's vaccine alone.

The US has contracted for 100 million doses with an option for another 500 million - in total enough for 300 million people.

Why would the NHL be looking to privately purchase doses when the amounts purchased by government of the Pfizer vaccine alone more than cover the population that will get vaccinated?

Perhaps they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar? Maybe they WERE looking to jump the queue, saw the backlash, and back pedaled quickly.

Reactions: I am toxic

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Probably more about the timing of it. Athletes in their prime are probably near the 250 million of the 300 million To get the vaccine so if it becomes available to purchase before it reaches them they would do so

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Absolutely the NHL would love to jump the queue - this is all just public relations.
It’s all about business. Look at what delaying games has caused headache wise for the NFL. If the nhl can get their players vaccinated they would do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig