GDT: 2020 ALDS: (1) Tampa Bay Rays vs (5) New York Yankees - TB wins 3-2

TB vs NYY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Guys, all I’m saying is if you don’t try then it’s never going to happen. I’m also not saying it’s easy either but what’s the result you want?

Do you want fans to care about the game in general or only their team? If the better result is having them follow the league, not just their own team or the big markets then you have to start somewhere.

The Rays are in tough because the stadium issue. There’s just a ton of roadblocks that they’ve put up to growing their market.

Anyway, I’m not claiming to have the answers on how to change the narrative but if you just keep relying on the same old things then that’s all you’ll ever be stuck with and smaller markets and the interest in the average fan will dry up even more.

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Tampa Bay is trying to become the first city since 1933 to win both the Stanley Cup and the World Series in the same year.

New York Rangers and New York Giants were the teams in 1933.

The only other time it has happened was 1928, which was also New York. It was the Rangers and Yankees that year.

I like the possibility of that.
And if by some miracle the Bucs pull off some Cinderella thing with Tom Brady at the helm....dare I say it.... triple title!!?? :laugh:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe it's me but Judge is not on same level as Trout, Ramirez, Soto, Acuna, Betts and Yelich.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know why yall make fun of athletes for daring to be confident.

Wild.

What do you want them to say- we're going to lose?

Voight or whoever can say whatever they want. I’m glad the Yankees lost.

What am I supposed to say in reference to his comments ‘Good for him for being confident. They’ll get it next time’?

I’m not his mom trying to console him. I’m a random poster on a message board. When the team you want to lose, does in fact lose, you celebrate and rub it in. Don’t lose and then they can celebrate and I have salty tears instead. Isn’t that how this all works?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Voight or whoever can say whatever they want. I’m glad the Yankees lost.

What am I supposed to say in reference to his comments ‘Good for him for being confident. They’ll get it next time’?

I’m not his mom trying to console him. I’m a random poster on a message board. When the team you want to lose, does in fact lose, you celebrate and rub it in. Don’t lose and then they can celebrate and I have salty tears instead. Isn’t that how this all works?
Sure, you are free to look like an idiot I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad